10g Nuvo Lagoon build

StirCrayzy

If parameters drop too low during the week and then a water change brings them up. Would you say the corals get stressed from too fast an increase?
Yes, even though the quantity was low, the difference is great, and from the corals point of view that is taken as a survival threat, and corals instinctively close up and look like crap for a while. Usually they're back to normal within a day or so.

The main issue here is the tank is out of balance, and carbonate is precipitating dropping the Kh.
I'm at a record for patience right now
I hope you take this constructively, you have record setting *Endurance*.. You may perceive that as Patience, but from the outside looking in, your tanks usually come and go really fast., I wouldn't attribute to patience.
Raising kh isn't Really the issue here IMO, but you keep doing WC as you are, you can shorten the interval to every few days, but only increase WC Qty when you start getting close. Keep in mind, if Ph, Mg and Ca arent in balance you may not see the increase due to precipitation. You're shooting in the dark until you know all your params.

zchauvin

No problem, I bought BRS two part and I will dose over the week and test again before I do wc. I'm sure I'll be fed up long before I get the constant issues resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StirCrayzy

You keep up and you will have success, one thing I know is you have the bug, and you keep coming back to SW. I like the tanks you've had over the years, every one has TOTM potential, stick with it dude you'll get this figured out!

zchauvin

You keep up and you will have success, one thing I know is you have the bug, and you keep coming back to SW. I like the tanks you've had over the years, every one has TOTM potential, stick with it dude you'll get this figured out!

Thanks, got home today and water has cleared up, looks like the water change helped. Nepthea opening back up and everything looks good. Fish are coming out and eating, shrimp molted. In pic, you will see that half of nepthea is under rock. I would like to frag that entire arm off, and put it into the hole in rock to its left. My only concern is the stress this coral has undertaken in the last few days. I don't want to kill it, but I'd hate for it to die being stuck under that ledge. When closed it got under but now that it's opening up, I do not think it can come out on its own. Thoughts?

BTW, can someone check on site ability to post pics. When I attach a picture it is telling unable to post - post error. Thanks!

zchauvin

So.... I moved a rock and pulled the leather from under it and within minutes... The leather has taken up half the tank, yes!!

zchauvin

e74892a486d1da07ab07b6a4c3b87da8.jpg

zchauvin

Guys, the sinularia in center of tank is beginning to shed and I am worried I do not have enough flow. My Frogspawn, Duncan, and the Acan on far left all move a good bit in the flow but the sinularia seems to be getting very low flow at best. The only power head I see available would be the Hydor Eco-Pico I believe its called. If I mounted this below the overflow box, would you think the leathers would get more flow without the euphyllia getting bashed. I would hate to upgrade the return pump as the duncan is getting seemingly perfect flow as it has been doing better than ever. I also have the InTank media basket and have heard stronger pumps coupled with these cause some issues. I would really like to put a powerhead similar to tunze or the mp10 so that I could get the pulsing effect but all are far to strong or large. Is there a timer out there that accompanied by the eco pico could produce this pulsing effect similar to using the VarSpd outlets on the apex.

StirCrayzy

I know you aren't usually into low buck equipment, but the Jebao Rw4 turns down pretty low, and has good wave functions.

zchauvin

Looks good to me, thanks. Any experience with it? Something like this would be perfect, I cannot put an mp10 because I think it would be way to0 much mounted on the side, but in a back corner facing up and forward on pulse would more than likely do the trick.

StirCrayzy

I have two on my 65g running full blast, and I think it's just enough. Just for fun I dropped 1 in my 20g QT, and I bet you could adjust it low enough for a small tank. Each is no bigger than the koralia nano prop pumps.
I used to have two WP 25's, but they were almost too much on any setting above low.