• Just trim out around glass and leave wall like it is

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • Cut access above tank.

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeremy0322

:eek:h:

I think I need a job, followed by alot more free time, and alot more space than I currently have. That thing is going to be beautiful.

WayneT

Boy happen to stumble on this tonight and in amazement have been reading till my eyes hurt. I have a 150gal. that were doing a slow build on..like really slow due to $$. Your thread has answered alot of my questions with great help and info from some great folks. I wanna know more about the rock..Living in FLA I have limestone quarry close and the stone is pretty pristine. So you have given me hope and a direction...

Thanks!! Awesome tank!! Cant wait to see it bloom!!

Be carful of Limestone rock in Florida. I knoe from experience a lot of it is loaded with phosphate.

WayneT

Matt:

I read your whole thread last night and just had to make the previous comment on phosphates in Florida rock, I was to tired after reading the thread to say much else:blueoh: . I'm a woodworker myself and I have to say that your skills as a carpenter are fantastic. I would never attempt to tackle a project that big and get it done as quickly as you got this done.

Waiting for the thing to cure has got to be frustrating so I'll stay tuned to see what you do next.

Wayne

MattShack

Thanks everyone.

youngreefer2410, I plan on removing all of the exposed foam. The only exposed foam is what squeezed through holes in the rocks. If it doesn't look good I will probably cover it with cement.

Thanks WayneT. I have some phosphate problems in one of my tanks that has FL limestone. That may be the problem. In this tank, the only rock is the DIY rock. I bet you were tired. :lol: that is a lot of reading. I am ready to get past the curing stage. I'm not good at being patient :lol:

reefsmoker

Been a while, Man Matt your MONSTER TANK has really come a long way, keep up the good work, just had to chime in and throw some e-support your way =) keep the pics coming....your daughter looks like shes in a swim spa, LMAO. next project maybe, haha

MattShack

Been a while, Man Matt your MONSTER TANK has really come a long way, keep up the good work, just had to chime in and throw some e-support your way =) keep the pics coming....your daughter looks like shes in a swim spa, LMAO. next project maybe, haha

Thanks for the e-support :lol:

MattShack

Sorry for the delays in updating. Not much been going on. I'm down to one computer and my wife has been keeping it tied up with her school work.

I waited 28 days after the rock work was finished to let the concrete fully cure. Hopefully this will help speed up the underwater curing to get the pH right.

I filled the tank up Friday night, today the pH is off of the chart. I'm draing it today and refilling. I will keep doing that until the pH stabilizes.

Here are the pics from Friday night filling.

101709curing1.JPG

101709curing2.JPG

101709curing3.JPG

101709curing4.JPG

Amazing, Matt! I just spent the last 2 hours reading this entire thread. It was like watching a documentary. As I was reading, I kept wondering how far along the project would be once I reached the end. You must still be "curing" the concrete. I can't wait to see "the rest of the story" as it unfolds.

My wife and I are just getting started in the whole reef tank hobby. Now I know just how far this can go. Very dangerous!!! lol. Fortunately, my wife is as excited as I am about all this.

This has been very educational and very entertaining. I can't wait to see the finished product.