Search results

1. Jen

Insurance?

Thanks everybody! Hope that spill was covered! Looks like it's time for me to look into changing insurance companies.
  2. Jen

Insurance?

I have question: Has anyone had any experience with what insurance covers should there be a tank catastrophe/flood/damage to your home from your tank? If so, who is your insurance company? I haven't had a problem, thankfully, but called my insurance company to see if I should add a rider or...
  3. Jen

Terry's 450g upgrade

Wow! That's incredible! And I love the extra deep sandbed, and the open space, too!
  4. Jen

The Bluespot Club

Congrats! So many beautiful blue spots! I just got mine Thursday. Named him Bob.
  5. Jen

Any one else keep sponges?

I have a blue sponge...love it's color. It's attached to a rock. I feed it DT's phyto every other day. I love the color and shape of yours.
  6. Jen

O.T. Who's got a coffee problem?

Looooooooooove my coffee. But, with milk and sugar. I think part of it for me though is holding that warm mug in my hands in the morning. It's the one thing I look forward to about waking up, and I HAVE to have it every morning. Gave it up for 5 years (long story...) and am SOOOOOOOOOO glad...
  7. Jen

OT: I loce this kinda stuff!

I saw this in the paper...so cute! I also read in a book recently that they have done tests with clownfish to track how they "know" their mate. They covered the clowns with little jackets so their stripe patterns weren't visible and mated pairs did not recognize one another. Then, when they...
  8. Jen

Jen's Fish Den

and coral, etc.
  9. Jen

Jen's Fish Den

Fish pics:
  10. Jen

Jen's Fish Den

Dogs: (I am very embarassed that the pics my daughter put on here are of them in their Halloween costumes, which my sister bought for them as a joke!:laughroll ) Cocker/Golden Retriver Mix 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels
  11. Jen

Jen's Fish Den

Fam pics (I love them even more than the fish :oh: )! Son, almost 15, Daughter, almost 17
  12. Jen

Jen's Fish Den

Scott...thanks, and back atcha with the toast to future success!:clink: Sas...I'm tryin, I'm tryin...if I can get my teenage girl to stay home long enough, I'll have her give me a complete tutoring lesson so I don't have to wait for her to do step 1 (that would be getting the pics from the...
  13. Jen

The Bluespot Club

BJ is lookin' good! :cool: And that brain is sooooooooooo puffy and beautiful!
  14. Jen

Jen's Fish Den

Oh, yeah, fish and corals: Fish: Toby the yellow watchman goby 2 Cardinals (on the way out) Chromis Clown pair (Paco and Penelope): one black and white ocellaris, one orange and white ocellaris (they paired up IMMEDIATELY in the QT and have done GREAT ever since.) Filamented flasher...
  15. Jen

Jen's Fish Den

Oh, and I do have a titanium heater, but no chiller (seems there will probably not be a need for that with the Solaris.) I have a 20-gallon QT, which I quarantine most (I say most because I haven't done it for the jawfish or the sandsifter) fish in, and some corals for at least 4 weeks...
  16. Jen

Jen's Fish Den

Sooooooooooooooo...I'd better get on this quick! This entry won't have pics...the computer with the pics is having TROUBLE all of a sudden and runs like molasses in January.:evileye: Repair guy coming today! I realized it was time for a new tank in about November, and my husband gave me a...
  17. Jen

Jen's Fish Den

Hi Terry, Boy, you guys are on the spot! That's what I get for taking a potty and cereal break! Thank you for all of the kind encouragement and help!:hug1: Okay, back to the "chronicle", which will answer a lot of your questions, and hopefully you will all will think more highly of my...
  18. Jen

Jen's Fish Den

Hi Scott, Yes, I'm now aware of this stuff, but thank you for the helpful words Thankfully I've learned a lot since then! To clarify a bit, the 24-gallon nano was up, running and already had corals and 5 fish in it when I bought it. Since then I have done hundreds and hundreds of hours of...
  19. Jen

The Bluespot Club

I think we've decided to go with Bob. ...he's quite the builder... He's taking HUGE pieces of rubble and reinforcing a hole in a rock he's adopted as his den. And, in addition to the builder thing, he bobs up and down out of that den, and that's about it so far. A new Bob shot later today.
  20. Jen

Jen's Fish Den

Sas, Thanks for joining me in my upstart efforts! Fish deaths: Yes, they were all sudden. I almost gave it all up. I think the first round was that the tank was just toxic after the move. The sandbed was totally disturbed and I'm thinking it re-cycled, and I didn't know enough at the time...