Search results

1. L

Hid

was just thinking, it would be 1) cheapper 2) low watt usage 3) less heat. I was looking at the K rating and the lumens emmited by these and it is within what is used in the MH bulbs. now the UV exposure, that's something I haven't consider. Like the MH bulbs, these are used for street lighting...
  2. L

Hid

Have anyone here tried to use HID Bulbs that is used for automotive headlights? I plan to get a 10000k HID bulb. This I understand has a very high lumens rating and a very low watt usage,(35 watts). what do you guys think?
  3. L

Nitrate Depletion

isn't this the goal? 0ppm?
  4. L

Brine shrimps

very helpful! thanks
  5. L

Brine shrimps

thanks for the info, its the blue colored Crocea Clam , actually it died last night, maybe not enough light? I use 1 10K flourecent with 1 20k flourecent and another t-5 10k light with a total watts of 60w. tank height is around 12 inches only. I was thinking of supplementing it with Brine...
  6. L

Clams

I only have a 15 gal tank with a depth of 12 inches only, how may t5 should I use and total watts combined.
  7. L

Clams

What kind of light do you need to keep clams? around how many watts?
  8. L

Brine shrimps

how long can you keep these things alive?
  9. L

Algae/cyano problem

Bad Science | Rex's Guide to Planted Tanks got this about the eco-aqualizer
  10. L

Brine shrimps

Can you use brine shirmps instead of pods to feed the clams and other fishes?
  11. L

Ocean water VS premixed saltwater

I've noticed that sea water has a higher specific gravity than home mixed water. Why is this? Is the structure of ocean water stronger and do tank inhabitants prefer it? Thanks for any opinions. THe specific graity sometimes depends on the amount of rainfall within the week. After it rains...
  12. L

Mandrin question

Re: Mandarin question what do you feed them?
  13. L

Mandrin question

It's dead, dunno where it went. maybe thats why my crabs are much bigger now hehehehe.
  14. L

OK who's posting that 115 reef bowl pic?

where the hell will you put the inlet and outlet for the water? its impossible to drill a hole in that thing how bout the water flow? dont see any pumps inside. Tank like these you should really hide the equipment. but definetly it is soo COOL
  15. L

Mandrin question

mandarins are very shy. what do you feed them? it is usually hard to get them to eat in captivity. mine died within 2 months
  16. L

Refugium stinks!

this same thing happened to me when I was starting to cycle out my new tank. I had to turn off the powerhead that brings the water to the aquarium, my aquarium started to smell like pee the following morning. I turned the flow back on, poured alot of the sera ammovec biostarter stuff. After 3...
  17. 01172008154

18. L

Internal Filter

thanks! but I notice air bubbles in the filter as time pass is that the byproduct of the nitrate bacteria converting it to gas?
  19. L

Internal Filter

I got an internal filter that has a foam sponge inside. its great because it filters small particles out of the water. After around a month, the yellow foam turns to gray / brown bec. of the stuff collected. Is this a "nitrate factory?" I noticed that airpockets appears inside the foam( I assume...
  20. L

Crabs Are Evil Society

how do you get rid of the crabs? mine are hairy gray colored crabs that come with the live rock. I have a small damsel and he just disappeared. did the crab get him? the two others are just fine.