Clams

leonick

I only have a 15 gal tank with a depth of 12 inches only, how may t5 should I use and total watts combined.

framerguy

dont want to hijack but would 150 w metal halides in my 75 be enough for a clam?
Yes, I have the same set up and my clam is thriving

how may t5 should I use and total watts combined
don't really think of watts, think of intensity. Put as many as will fit over the tank. Three or four would do. Regular flourescents won't cut it.

Varga

sorry to hijack, do clams require a really establish tank? if softies are very happy in a 4-5month old tank, will clam be happy too?

Briang

I know everyone is gonna hate me BUT I've kept this Crocea clam with me for 18 months under 390 watts of PC lighting and it grew so much that yesterday I took this picture to post and ask if it's ok for clam and worm to touch. Crocea are one of the easier clams IMO .Also the main reason for the obvious health of this clam,is that the depth of the mantle is only 11 inches deep. I realize that if were deeper I'd have to get more lighting. But under these conditions, this clam couldn't be any healthier. Due to space, I'm posting picture in next reply.

Briang

clam-5.jpg