Search results

1. Intranick

The Goal

Anybody read "The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement"? Based on some new experiences in lower management, a place ive never been before. I used to be the guy at the bottom, and now im up slightly with some guys under me, and yet, equally as many over me watching my moves, even more...
  2. Intranick

accck!!

I got too close with a razor this morning and hacked off a chunk of my beard!!! Please tell me im not the only one who goes through that from time to time :( I trimmed off that portion (Actually the mustache portion) and made the rest of it really really short with a clippers i normally...
  3. Intranick

what NOT to do

I was at the LFS not long ago, and the lady working there (one of many, large store that covers many pets) was asked by somebody what types of fish he could put with his puffer. Now, this lady totally went off on the dude about how "he couldn't put any fish with a puffer", like seriously...
  4. Intranick

Dremel!

Theres a little plastic thing on the power cable to my dremel. Says Do not remove. is it an anti theft device, or something to protect other things from RF interference (ferrite core?) Wanna take bets?!? I miiiight remove it...
  5. Intranick

Least Favorite Day

What is your least favorite day of the week?
  6. Intranick

a trip to the local aquarium...

My girlfriend and I decided to take her kids (ages 2 and 5) to the local aquarium (or at least the nearest one i know of, mall of america, about an hour away, maybe a little bit more) Was actually a lot more fun than I thought. I remember a couple specific moments: There was a small...
  7. Intranick

DIY Temp controller.

I'm thinking a temp controller would be a fun project. I could use a thermistor against a thin piece of something (duno what?!? any ideas?) to monitor the temp of the water, by creating a little probe for it that can be lowered into the water. I could have that hooked up to an arduino pro mini...
  8. Intranick

Potential New Aquarium

Hi, It's been a while since I've posted, or had an aquarium due to moving around, etc. Duno if anyone recognizes me. I have recently signed up to return to college for a Mechatronics degree, I have been doing some 3d printing via Reprap, and working. At this point, it's just an idea...
  9. Intranick

OT: my time to show off

So i spent the entire evening working on a project with a microcontroller Now the thing with microcontrollers is -- even tho this may be output only, you can also read data from sensors (via input) -- so you could do aquarium stuff with these arduinos. I am currently learning to program...
  10. Intranick

neat air jelly thinger!

this is neat. check it out! I want a flotilla of these : Pharyngula
  11. Intranick

robotic fish

I just spent the last half hour looking through videos on youtube of robotic fish. lame huh? well one thing i noticed is that a lot look awkward. has anybody thought about the design of a robotic fish or tried to make one?
  12. Intranick

leaky filter

Hi guys -- been a while I had hooked up a RO unit in the utility room of my apartment by splitting off the line to my washer well over a year later, -- today actually -- got a knock at my door... saying something was leaking. come to find the Y adapter i used to install it was leaking...
  13. Intranick

intranick's next attempt..

Ok.. as some of you may or may not remember.. i have had several attempts at a reef tank. i always have problems. either something goes wrong, or .. i try to short cut something i cant. Right now hardware wise, i have everything I need. 4x T5 lights heater thermometer powerheads...
  14. Intranick

OT new toy

So.. part birthday gift (which was a week ago).. part personal spending.. part boneyards parts (yes i have a section of my apartment with gutted computers and misc parts i call my boneyard) I am building a AMD Phenom II x4 965 computer. other specifications coming soon, but has anybody tried...
  15. Intranick

OT: wild

You know, about a week ago i hit a coyote durring a rain storm with my car and messed up the radiator, AC condenser, etc.. and the dealer was telling me im pretty lucky that i didnt do anything worse to it and total it out, especially because, they dont make the focus hatchback anymore (i...
  16. Intranick

college question (OT)

so heres the deal... ive been taking classes towards network administration for an associates degree in college, and im about.. 1/4 of the way through i have been noticing a new bulletin board near the place i work at about mechatronics.. which is the whole reason i went to network admin...
  17. Intranick

OT: girl sueing tattoo artist

What did she expect? Incredible face revealed of the man who tattooed girl with 56 stars when she only asked for three | Mail Online ... im not sure which one i believe. I imagine it would be difficult to sleep through being tattooed, especially on that level. but she only apparently paid...
  18. Intranick

my new little kit

i went and bought myself a :apint: kit today has anybody else tried this? i ordered the "coopers'" kit
  19. Intranick

More of intranick's crazy gibberish

I was browsing through thinkgeek today, and stumpled upon this. ThinkGeek :: Botanicalls DIY Plant Twitter Kit moisture sensors applied to a tiny computer that connects to the internet. .. now having a fairly fast linux-based computer is pretty easy with gumstix - dream, design, deliver...
  20. Intranick

40 Gallon Breeder Redux

Well. I failed again. my last 40 breeder attempt went wrong. I think my problem was equipment. So, now that i got my tax returns back, and am sitting in a good place financially I cleaned out my 40g tank (had crusted algae on the sides) using vinegar. and then i bought myself...