Search results

1. ASH

I'm back!!!!

Well it's been almost 3 years since I've been here. We had to take down our tank because we moved 1500 miles away from home and got pregnant all at the same time and the finances just weren't there anymore :( But I'm back finally settled and we think we might be ready to set up again. My...
  2. ASH

Snowflake eel threw up

I just changed his diet from krill to silverside because he is getting bigger and going through krill too quick....gave him his first silverside the night before last and loved them....he ate 3 that night. Then last night didn't eat anything. Tonight he looked interested in the food but as he...
  3. ASH

Filter problem asap please!

I cleaned my canister filter today and my Impeller Cover Seal/O-Ring broke. Neither FS here has a replacement part for it. Can I just get an o ring somewhere like home depot? Also when I turned my filter on carbon peices flowed into the tank is that ok?
  4. ASH

Skimmer not doing it's job

I've had my skimmer running for about 4 months and have only HAD to clean it once....I've actually cleaned it twice but it really didn't need it. The collection cup is not collecting anything and there is foamy stuff on my surface. Isn't that suppose to be in the collection cup????
  5. ASH

I think I did more harm than good

I had this rock that was covered with algae bubbles and of course it was the rock that my anemone was attached too. I had to get the anemone to let go of the rock b4 I could clean it. I put some water from my tank in a bucket and pulled the rock out and put it in the bucket. Then I poured...
  6. ASH

I need some ID's

What are these bubble things..... This one has a line through it.... And this thing. It looks like a snotty spider web.
  7. ASH

All animals like laser pointer EVEN FISH!!!

If you have animals (which most people do on here) you know that they LOVE laser pointers. Mine go crazy over it. Well last night I pointed it on the fish tank and noticed that the fish we're chasing it too!!!! I thought it was so funny. So I took a video just a min ago. It's not a great...
  8. ASH

Stupid 6 line wrasse

So I come home today and find both of my clown fish looking "ratty". Both of their fins we're tore up. I watch for a little while and see my 6 line chasing them and made one of the clowns so stressed that he hid in the rocks....I've NEVER seen him hide. But that wasn't good enough for the...
  9. ASH

Baily watching fish

My crazy cat is now watching my tank like it's a tv. He spent over 20 mins watching the fish swim and would jump up to try to catch the fish lol....here's a video....Sorry it's sideways
  10. ASH

Sleeping Fish

I never knew fish slept. I know they would stay in one spot all night but this morning I woke up at about 5am and looked at the tank and saw my clown fish layed out on his side in the sand bed. He was moving a little. At first I freaked thinking he was dead but I tapped on the glass and he...
  11. ASH

taking the tank down.

Alright guys I'm taking down my tank. I'm wanting to sell my lights, protein skimmer and filter. I have a rena filstar xp canister filter that's probably 2 years old. My lights are Coralife 48 Inch Aqualight W/ 4-65W Straight Pin Base And 4-3/4W Lunar Blue-Moon-Glow LED Lamps The...
  12. ASH

My new kitten!!!

This is Baily my new baby. He's about 7 wks old and the most sweetest, loving and playful cat I've ever seen. Right now as I type he's sitting on my dest watching my fingers type and is ready to attack lol. So cute. Anyway just wanted to share a couple of pics with yall.
  13. ASH

What a cute little fish.

We were swimming out in the gulf yesterday and saw these little fishys. Their so weird looking. They hide in that seaweed stuff (it's all over the beach right now). Does anyone know what they are.
  14. ASH

Ashley's 30g Escape Tank

My escape from the world. LOL Here we are again. Setting up a new tank. It's a 30g 36X12X18 tank. I've got a rena filstar xp filter that is working nicely. I used 2 qts of old sand from my old tank and added 20 lbs of new sand. Right now the tank is empty other than sand and...
  15. ASH

Back to my old love

For those that know I'm back at my mom's house. She moved to michigan and her room mate lives in an apatment behind the house. So I pretty much have a 3 bedroom house to myself which is sweet.... lol I play piano and for years that was my passion. I would stay up all night learning new...
  16. ASH

Age of a tank

In general how many years will a tank last. Meaning the silicone....
  17. ASH

Moving the tank.....

Ben and I broke up yesterday and I have until tomorrow to get out of the apartment. So I'm buying a new stand in the morning and the new tank and setting it up at my mom's house (where I'll be staying). I've been having cyano problems in the tank....I don't think it's on the rocks but I...
  18. ASH

OT: Car dealership RANT!!!!

So I'm looking for a new car. I've did a lot of research the last month and had a lot of cars in mind but have now decided to get a VW Jetta. Any other car I would have to get used but I can get a jetta brand new for pretty cheap (or so I thought) I have a 06 honda accord SE now. I apsolutly...
  19. ASH

blue regal

I'm about to do some research on this fish. I was wonering...... are they hard to keep? are they known to get diseases? are they aggresive? What is their diet like?
  20. ASH

Cleaning live rock???

I'm about to get a new tank. My LR that's in my tank now has a little bit of algae on it. Should I rince or clean it b4 I move it in the new tank.