Filter problem asap please!

ASH

I cleaned my canister filter today and my Impeller Cover Seal/O-Ring broke. Neither FS here has a replacement part for it. Can I just get an o ring somewhere like home depot?

Also when I turned my filter on carbon peices flowed into the tank is that ok?

I cleaned my canister filter today and my Impeller Cover Seal/O-Ring broke. Neither FS here has a replacement part for it. Can I just get an o ring somewhere like home depot?

Also when I turned my filter on carbon peices flowed into the tank is that ok?

1> What kind of canister filter are you talking about?
2> You shouldn't have any carbon pieces flowing in your tank. So make sure the media holder that the lid is secured.?

DaveK

You sometimes get lucky. Take your old O ring to Home Depot and see if you can match it. If you can, that's great. Otherwise, you'll need to order one online.

Yes, you can use it. I have done this in an emergency.

As others advisied, place carbon in a filter bag. This will keep it in the filter.

ASH

Let me start by saying this has been a crazy hectic day and my brain is fried and I can't think straight.

I have a Rena Filstar XP canister filter. We got an o-ring from home depot and it's still leaking.

The carbon in the tank was totally my fault. I had a blonde moment when I started putting all the carbon and pads into the filter. I forgot to put everything in the media holder and just started pouring carbon in the bottom on the filter. LOL (long day) Plus today when i went to buy carbon the only kind they had left was this horrible tiny peices of carbon and I didn't have a bag for it....But now I know to get one if I use this kind of carbon next time.

SO today we also went ahead and bought 2 new tubes because the old ones we're black from algea. The water coming through the outlet pipe has air pockets running through it. Since the old tubes were black I don't know if this was doing this b4 or if this is just normal. Every so often you'll see micro bubbles coming back into the tank. It seems to me that the water being pulled out of the tank should be going through the tubes with better water pressure.