Search results

1. suspiria2

Mixing Tangs

I have a small (3 inch) kole tang that has been in quarantine for a couple of weeks and is ready to go into the DT. I would like to add 1 or 2 tangs in the relatively near future and would like to have the Kole in the DT first unless it would cause major problems. Should he be kept in...
  2. suspiria2

Can 2 dwarf angles coexist

I currently have a Red Sea S 650 reef setup that is 4 months old and has 10 fish in it. One of the fish is a Coral Beauty and I wanted to know if it would be ok to add another dwarf angel, maybe a Flame Angel. I know that they can be territorial but maybe the tank size would be sufficient...
  3. suspiria2

Just ordered the Max S 650 - the journey begins

Ordered the 650 last night and the LFS said that it should be here in 7-10 days. Hopefully should be able to get it installed in mid September. Was originally going to get the 500 but found that we had more room than expected and decided to go for the larger tank. I will get some photos once...
  4. suspiria2

Taking the plunge, countdown to the new tank ~1month

Starting on the road to getting a RSM S 500 probably in about 1 month Rearranged the living room to allow enough space for the tank with space on either side and allow the tank to be 10 inches from the back wall. Went to the LFS to get pricing and availability for the tank and start getting a...
  5. suspiria2

LED for redsea max s 500

Does anyone know when/if red sea is going to release the S series with LED lights. I am looking to get the tank and don't know if it is worth waiting? I am new to the saltwater world and the t5 lights look fine but everyone seems to prefer the LED lights. Seems a shame to pay for the t5 lights...
  6. suspiria2

New to Saltwater

I have kept freshwater aquariums in the past (about 20 years ago) and want to start hobby again only with Saltwater this time. Looking at getting the Red Sea Max S 500, looks like a good setup dont know if anyone has any pros and cons for this system. Also was not sure about Live Rock vs Dry...