Can 2 dwarf angles coexist

suspiria2

I currently have a Red Sea S 650 reef setup that is 4 months old and has 10 fish in it. One of the fish is a Coral Beauty and I wanted to know if it would be ok to add another dwarf angel, maybe a Flame Angel. I know that they can be territorial but maybe the tank size would be sufficient. The coral beauty has been in the tank for about 1 month.

DaveK

You can add another angel. There is a good chance it will work out, but it might not, so make sure you have a plan B for the angel your going to want to remove.

As for having 6 angles in a tank, even a large one, again it sometimes works, but with each additional angel you run a risk of having a problem. Also consider that the fish sold are usually juveniles, sometimes as they mature they can get nasty. Again if your going to do this, you need a plan B.

suspiria2

Thanks for the information, 6 might be overdoing it for me, but I think I will try one more. Only a few more fish to go before the tank is full enough for me. Thinking of finishing with a total of 15 fish, the last three to be tangs that I want to introduce together.

cracker

I've heard having separate piles of rock instead of a wall of rock allows for each fish have it's own territory.

DaveK

Thanks for the information, 6 might be overdoing it for me, but I think I will try one more. Only a few more fish to go before the tank is full enough for me. Thinking of finishing with a total of 15 fish, the last three to be tangs that I want to introduce together.

Three tangs will be asking a lot of your system. Remember they grow and will get large. Also tangs are big dirty fish that create a lot of waste products. I'd keep it at two, and handle them the same as the angels. Add one at a time, and have a plan B in case it doesn't work out.

Steve Lane

My Bi-colour harassed the Flame angel to death inside 2 days. Not saying all are like that but keep an eye on them!

PCDS

I had a flame Angel for about 2 years before adding a lemon peel Angel.Only slight aggro to start with. Completely different personalities. No more polyps/Zoas likely to survive though.:p
If you are planning 3 tangs then plan for lots of frequent water changes and very smelly skimmer cup!! I've kept gold fish in the past and have turtles and I think the tangs have them beat on waste production!
I love tangs though! :bluetang:

3dees

I added an Eibli to my tank and my coral beauty would have none of it. killed it within two days. that's in a 120 gal. three tangs in that tank is asking for nothing but problems.

MNRAM

I've got one Scopas Tang and I wish I didn't have it. I call her Miss Piggy, because she will not let the other fish eat, she's like a vacuum cleaner when it's feeding time. If I could catch her she would be back where I bought her in a flash. Tans are one of the hardest fish to catch.

If I were you, I would stay away from a Powder Blue Tang. They are like a flying cow when they do their business. I had a 240 a while back and when she dumped, all of the other fish scattered.