Search results

1. nmsalty

Karin's Reef Chronicle

Thanks! The picture quality is awful (I realized after I posted it)
  2. nmsalty

Karin's Reef Chronicle

So I moved it. I hope it likes its new spot!
  3. nmsalty

Karin's Reef Chronicle

Well, from everything I've read so far then, I should move it higher. I'm thinking of a couple of places I could put it that are mid-way up and, hopefully, fall-safe. I'll tell it to "stay", maybe that'll help...:rolleyes:
  4. nmsalty

Karin's Reef Chronicle

The one thing I'm mostly concerned with at the moment, is the light it gets where it sits. I'm afraid to move it up higher because wherever I'd place it, it could easily fall off. I can't glue it down like I do a coral frag, can I? The do have a foot... and I worry I would damage something.
  5. nmsalty

Karin's Reef Chronicle

This was VERY helpful! Thanks a bunch.
  6. nmsalty

Karin's Reef Chronicle

So I bought this tiny little golden maxima clam today. Impulse buy, as you do, sigh... How do I properly take care of it? I bought a bottle of phytoplankton and cut a water bottle to place over top of it for feeding purposes. I was told to feed it that way 3x a week. I placed the clam on the...
  7. nmsalty

Karin's Reef Chronicle

Yes, the quilt belongs to my partner. His mother, who died several years ago, made it and it had some worn triangles and seams were coming apart. So I fixed it and, since it's too fragile for daily use, we decided to hang it up and not hide in a closet somewhere. I love it!
  8. nmsalty

Clown suicide

That would be great! I love watching them. They're so inquisitive.
  9. nmsalty

Karin's Reef Chronicle

I'm very proud of my sweetie. He made a contraption for my half-moon tank so I could suspend the light above the tank and he also covered the tank with a custom egg crate lid. Nobody can escape anymore! I think it looks great and I couldn't be happier. Here is a picture...
  10. nmsalty

Clown suicide

I did get another clown and I have to share a little story... I bought "Leia 2" to replace the one that jumped out. "Luke" had been trying to get close to my royal gramma but she wasn't interested. When I put the bag with Leia in the tank and set up my drip acclimation system, Luke swam over...
  11. nmsalty

Karin's Reef Chronicle

Before I bring out the popcorn, I shall post some humble pictures. Taken with my iPhone, plus glare from the windows. But that's all I've got right now. And there it is. I bought only frags because I like to watch things grow and get happy and, should something die, I won't kick myself...
  12. nmsalty

Small but happy

Hello, everyone! My tank cannot compare to any of yours; I'm very jealous, by the way... BUT it's been a few months now and my 30G is doing well, the fish and coral are happy. So I thought I'd share. It will be a long while before I can compete with some of the beautiful tanks people have...
  13. nmsalty

Clown suicide

This looks great! I will come up with something like that this weekend. Mine won't look that neat, though, lol.
  14. nmsalty

Clown suicide

Thanks for the suggestions. I've re-screened the patio door before so that's what I'll do. It won't be pretty, I'm afraid. I won't be able to get the curve so I'll just make a rectangle big enough to cover. Oh well, lesson learned for the next tank. Thanks to everyone for your help.
  15. nmsalty

Clown suicide

No, I really don't think so. The fish all get along but I wonder if shrimp startled her. That's the only thing I can think of. I did notice both clowns hang out near the top at night by the skimmer. It doesn't take much from there, I suppose. Oh well. I guess I'll never know. Does anyone...
  16. nmsalty

Clown suicide

Things had been going well since the beginning. I should've known it wouldn't always stay that way. Unfortunately my female clown decided to jump out of the tank last night. Of course, I didn't find her until this morning, all stiff and definitely dead. I have a lid on the tank with the...
  17. nmsalty

Karin's Reef Chronicle

I think it's a black brittle starfish. The arms were very skinny, though.
  18. nmsalty

Karin's Reef Chronicle

I thought I'd post a few pictures since my last one was a few weeks ago and things have come along nicely. The diatoms are mostly gone and my inhabitants seem happy so far. I apologize for the picture quality; everything looks blue but you get the gist. This is my first zoanthid frag. There...
  19. nmsalty

Full-Tank Friday!

Okay, not much to see of the tank because the light just changed...but Lily is VERY interested!:yup:
  20. nmsalty

Karin's Reef Chronicle

I guess I'll post an update, if you all don't mind. My calcium and kh levels have come down just a tad. My other parameters remain the same as before. I will be doing a 15% WC tomorrow. My astrea snails are still doing a phenomenal job. The turbo snails I bought are bugging me. They tend to...