Search results

1. DSophia

Cube DT

Thanks everyone! Yep he was a little thin, he's nice and fat now that the refugium is established. Good eye! You must know your gobies, lol.
  2. DSophia

Show Refugium

Sorry guys, I don't get notifications on here. The DT and fuge are running like a dream. Pods, feather dusters, and stomatella snails are reproducing daily but arent over populating the DT because of the drain design. That mandarin goby is the sole reason I decided to build this thing, lol...
  3. DSophia

Show Refugium

I've been looking for a branching macro algae (like rhodopeltis) for the fuge. Let me know if You have any leads.
  4. DSophia

November TOTM Nominations!

I'd like to nominate my smaller tank, just to see how it does. Kind of a work in progress.
  5. DSophia

November TOTM Nominations!

I like Choff's too. That's a lot of water! Good execution, and I don't think I've seen half the frags he's got going.
  6. DSophia

Show Refugium

I just posted a few pics of the DT this is connected to. http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/93098-cube-dt.html#post1275969
  7. DSophia

Cube DT

8. DSophia

Refugium - must have, nice to have or luxury?

I finally got everything back together, and started a thread on my DT. Here are both links http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/93073-show-refugium.html http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/93098-cube-dt.html#post1275969
  9. DSophia

Cube DT

Here's the DT connected to the custom refusium. You can see the hoses from it through the wall. I've beefed up the skimmer which used to fit in the overflow... makes it look much less minimalistic, but helps me keep my sanity. I'm also still in the process of adding more lights and...
  10. DSophia

Show Refugium

@BigAl You might be looking at the handle for the lid. Otherwise it's the second inlet chamber. Thanks everyone! I had thought about making a few extra to help offset the cost of our addiction... I mean hobby
  11. DSophia

Intro

The inlets are on either side in separate reservoirs. They pour over the walls to the center and roll towards the drain in the middle of the tank. I designed the drain to be silent while skimming the top. It all turned out pretty well. I'll post a video of it running if I can figure out how.
  12. DSophia

Show Refugium

It's been up about a month now, no trouble cleaning so far. Fingers crossed!
  13. DSophia

Choff's Modified RSM650 Reef Chronicle

Wow! Those are some awesome frags and an awesome build!
  14. DSophia

Yeah... I'm scared I might start designing a DT to match. It's only money after all! ...I cant find an emoticon with a wife shooting her husband for saying "its only money after all"
  15. DSophia

Show Refugium

I designed and built this myself because I couldn't find anything on the market even close to what I was looking for. Although I'm very happy with how it turned out and the macro seem to agree. The inlet is split to both side chambers and then angled down to create even flow and mixture. Then...
  16. DSophia

Show Refugium

I'm an architect that recently warmed up to the idea of designing and building aquariums. Here are a few pictures of my latest project from design and prototype to completion. It's an 8gal refugium that gravity feeds back to a 34gal cube DT.
  17. DSophia

Almost forgot... cleaning so far has been a breeze, I'm still waiting for a flaw in the design but its got just enough room to scrub every inch. I use a paint stir stick with a soft sponge on the end to get the inlet sections, but other than that its been good to me.
  18. DSophia

Thanks guys! Yes I built it myself, couldn't find anyone to do it for me. What is tank of the month? Something on this forum? I've got a shop full of equipment for building homes, so I tend to get myself into things like this. Let me know if anyone is interested in having me build one. Not that...
  19. DSophia

Here's from design to prototype and a few more after completion. It's 8gal that gravity feeds back to a 34gal cube DT. The inlet is split to both side chambers and then angled down to create even flow and mixture. The drain is a 5" slit in the center back of the tank that drains to a box and...
  20. DSophia

Intro

In the meantime, here are a few pictures of my latest project from design and prototype to completion. It's an 8gal refugium that gravity feeds back to a 34gal cube DT. Let me know what you think, and thanks again!