Search results

1. pablomay28

RLSS vs LIFE REEF

For those of you thinking of a new skimmer. So far the RLSS is winning but I will wait till the LIFE REEF starts producing.
  2. pablomay28

Bad DI cartridge from Abundant Flow Water

I ordered the RODI reef filter kit $67 about a month ago and now both DI cartridges have failed. TDS after membrane is about 20. TDS after 2 DI cartridges is 80-100. I inspected the cartridges and the resin is loose. I had to order a new DI cartridge from Marine depot since it will get here in a...
  3. pablomay28

My easy cheap mixing/storage area.

Here is a video of my mixing storage area. I got the shelving unit at home depot $80, not pictured WeMo switch (wifi power outlet) $40, mag 18 pump. I run 30' of 3/4 vinyl tube to my tank from the garage for the water changes.
  4. pablomay28

4 Popular Salt Test Results

Hello all, I have recently changed salts due to inconsistencies in Reef Crystals. After doing some research I pulled the trigger on a box of Seachem Reef Salt. I tested the big 3 Alk, Ca, and Mg at 1.026 and 78F. Both salts were well shaken before performing the test. Mg test was done with...
  5. pablomay28

HELP! Almost lost my REFER 450!!!

Almost lost my tank. I went on vacation for 8 days and returned to a flood. The overflow adjustment knob on the tank seems to get clogged easy and caused the water level to rise in the overflow and go down through the emergency overflow. This caused the pipe to gurgle and water started to go...
  6. pablomay28

RLSS R6i skimmer review

Fellow reefers here is a review on a new skimmer I am running in my system I am very happy with it. Best skimmer I have owned so far.
  7. pablomay28

Pablo's New Red Sea Reefer 450

Hey fellow reefers I get my RSR 450 delivered tomorrow morning!!! I ordered the following for it 2 Tunze nanosteam 6045. 2 Kessil 360WE with goose necks and link cable. 60 lbs of CaribSea aragalive Black Indo Pacific live sand. And the following will be transferred from my RSM 250 All livestock...
  8. pablomay28

Vertex Omega 130 too big for my system.

My Vertex has been working off and on and I have come to the conclusion that it is to big for my RSM 250 and my light bio load. I have recently gone back to my Reef Octopus 110 that I recently got working again. Just for the hell of it I also ordered an ASM Mini G rated for 75 gallons. Both the...
  9. pablomay28

Installed a GFO reactor today!!

I have been having an issue with hair algae. I have been monitoring phosphates with the Hanna ultra low phosphorus checker. The results show 3ppb. I got the reactor kit from BRS for $70 with a MJ pump. Super easy install, put 1 cup of GFO and got it to a light tumble. All other test Ammonia...
  10. pablomay28

ICECAP dosing pump.

Was looking around for a dosser and they are all pretty expensive. I already dose ALK through my ato and was looking for a dosser for calcium. I have added some more SPS to my tank and it has since been consuming more ALK and CALCIUM. I went with the ICECAP dosing pump for $90 and I am very...
  11. pablomay28

How to properly break in your Vertex Omega

Found out a better way to break in a skimmer. I had issues breaking my skimmer in following the instructions. The skimmer would overflow and when it didn't the bubble column would go up and down. I made a video of the skimmer after running it in 3 parts water 1 part white vinegar.
  12. pablomay28

Aqua Euro USA 1/10, 1/4 or JBJ Arctica 1/4? Please Help

Ok so it was hot this week end in San Diego and my chiller took about 1hr to cool from 81.5 to 79. I have my chiller set at 78, I like it to be between 78-81.5. My chiller is a Oceanic 1/6 rated for 90 gal. I have a RSM 250 66gal running the stock pump on the left chamber, stock skimmer, and an...
  13. pablomay28

RSM 250 update pictures and modified skimmer

I have never been happy with the RSM 250 skimmer. I have gone with a HOB skimmer before then back to the RSM 250. I have now modified the skimmer i had used as an HOB and converted it to an internal skimmer. I took a saw to the Aquamaxx HOB-1 and placed it where the RSM 250 was and I am happy...
  14. pablomay28

Magnesium to high

Hello fellow reefers My magnesium is constantly reading at 1800 The other parameters are Ca 430 Alk 10 Mg 1800 Ph 8.2 I use reef crystals and do 10 gallon water changes on a 66 gal RSM 250. I have done up to 20 gal water changes and magnesium remains the same. My corals are doing...
  15. pablomay28

Alkalinity problems please help!!

Fellow reefers, I have been having problems maintaining my alkalinity. I do not have much coral only 3 sps (2) monti caps small and a small birds nest allong with a some lps corals. My current levels are Mg 1440 Ca 490 Ph 8.3 dKH 7.6 (after dosing) I have been dosing with seachem...
  16. pablomay28

Clean your CHILLER

Fellow reefers, You need to clean your chiller. I cleaned my Oceanic 1/6hp and it now takes 18-20 minutes less to chill. My chiller used to run 49-50 minutes to bring my temp from 81.5 to 79 it now takes about 30 minutes. It is very easy. I disconnected it from my aquarium and placed it in...
  17. pablomay28

My Emerald crabs keep on dying!!!!!

I have purchased emerald crabs on a couple of occasions and they always seem to die. My water parameters are always constant and everything seems to be doing fine fish, coral, hermit crabs, shrimp, snails. Only the emerald crabs die. My water parameters are: Ca =500 Mg = 1400 Amonia =0...
  18. pablomay28

Difference between Chemi Pure Elite and Chemi Pure Blue

Hey guys just ordered an In Tank Media for my RSM and saw Chemi Pure Blue. Is anyone using this and if so how does it differ from Chemi Pure Elite and is it better? Thanks in advance!!!!!
  19. pablomay28

Red Sea Max 250 black filter sponges

I have been told and have seen many RSM 250 owners talk about not using the black sponges. I currently use them with filter floss on top. I recently posted some pics on how I do my water change and was advised not to use the sponges and the ceramic rings. I have not had an issue yet as my test...
  20. pablomay28

Montipora frags. What to feed?

Hey guys I got some montipora frags. Any suggestions on feeding. I currently use Coral Frenzy and Zooplankton. My RSM has ATI lights 1 actintic, 1 coral plus, 1 blue plus, 3 aqua blue special. BTW the smallest piece was free. Who would say no?