Search results

1. CDMSeaLife

How to dose Magnesium (B-Ionic) with Dosing pump

Thanks Dan, I just got back from vacation and read your posts. Very helpful as usual.
  2. CDMSeaLife

Hi Dan, I do a 6- 7 gal water change every week. It's not a typo but it's only a couple ml and it could be the difference in the dosing pump lines, etc. (I can tell because the Cal line on bottle is slightly higher then the Alk when using the same amount.) I'm checking numbers again today. I...
  3. CDMSeaLife

Whose do you think is Top Dog ?

Absolutely stunning!
  4. CDMSeaLife

Hello everyone, I'm currently dosing Alk & Calcium with a Bubble-magus doser and was just occasionally dosing magnesium but now it's getting harder and harder to keep up with. I just got it back (slowly) to 1350 and would like to keep it there. Any suggestions about where to start dosing? I...
  5. CDMSeaLife

Bristle worms

This bristle worm trap works and catches surprisingly big ones.
  6. CDMSeaLife

How many powerheads in a 250C?

I also run 2 Vortech MP 10's one on each side.
  7. CDMSeaLife

What Temperature Do You Keep Your Tank At ?

77 to 78 with chiller. Darn good thing I'm using a chiller because are a/c went out last night and repairman won't be here until tomorrow! (We live in Las Vegas.)
  8. CDMSeaLife

Max C-250 - T5 to LED Conversion

Totally agree and I have experience with Steves LEDs with a previous aquarium. They are definitely not plug n play.
  9. CDMSeaLife

RSM 250 C Maintenance - how often do you clean pumps, etc.

Haha I won't, blame you that is. And I'm so tired of cleaning them!
  10. CDMSeaLife

DianaKay's RSM 250

Amazing I love your tank!
  11. CDMSeaLife

I have my Tunze 3155 ATO in the left chamber on the plastic wall that divides the heater chamber from the skimmer chamber. It's a tight fit but I never have to move it. You can also install with magnet on the aquarium wall and floats facing chamber). I also have a chiller pump in dedicated chamber.
  12. CDMSeaLife

Ok thanks, that does it I'm taking mine out (-:
  13. CDMSeaLife

I have a conch he does great work and he's very cool.
  14. CDMSeaLife

Hi Adrienne, the link is posted below. I was reading one of your older posts were you mentioned you use just one filter sponge on the left, are you still doing that? Thanks for your help. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=4335
  15. CDMSeaLife

Hi Melvin, I've also read daily small water changes would probably be ideal. But a little too much work for me.
  16. CDMSeaLife

Hi Pat, yes it's the Drsfostersmith link. And it's free shipping if you buy over $49.00 worth, at least here in the states. I buy a bunch when they have a sale.
  17. CDMSeaLife

I'm with you; no matter how many times you rinse them you can't get them completely clean. I think I'll take them out just for the sake of less work. In the media rack I'm using Chemi Pure Blue, Purigen and Poly Filter on top. Poly Filter is kind of expensive but it works like a little miracle...