Bristle worms

alanjdecker74

I've got a few too many bristle worms. Currently
9ee146974740b0f82b660dbcbc5c983f.jpg
I know a few aren't bad eating waste, but they are getting out of control

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Marty.h

You must have excess detrius and feeding to heavy which will allow them to thrive build a bristle worm trap google them plenty of instructions online.

I would also look at cleaning up more like having a good vac and feed less if you are feeding a lot :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
good members of the cuc they get back in the rocks & eat debris where snails can't reach... +1 ^ there numbers will increase & decrease depending on how much you overfeed...

there are arrow crabs and some wrasses that will eat them, but not overfeeding is the key

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

spiraling

Yuck :duh:
My tank used to look like that too. I cut way back on feedings and that helped. You don't need a trap, but a hole in a tupperware with filter floss, weight, and bait can catch a bunch. I was able to pull out 30 or so in a few days with a pair of tweezers. Now I still see a few from time to time, which is an acceptable amount for me.

desertcelt

I've been a habitual over feeder in the past and in my 29 biocube I had a huge problem. In my 105, not so much, but I keep an eye out for them anyway and agree they do provide a service. I've heard they can kill clams and other sandbed dwelling corals if they are numerous.

Paul B

Quote:
I've been a habitual over feeder in the past and in my 29 biocube I had a huge problem. In my 105, not so much, but I keep an eye out for them anyway and agree they do provide a service. I've heard they can kill clams and other sandbed dwelling corals if they are numerous.

I would not feed less. Yes bristleworms will grow larger but I can see your tank looks healthy and food does that. I would use a trap that you can buy or build for pennies as those things will grow very large and yes, they do kill clams. I also have a bunch of them and occasionally trap 30 or so to thin out the herd. We are much to worried about water, parameters, bristleworms and global warming but should be more aware of our tanks need for food to keep them in excellent condition as most fish are starving.