Search results

1. JeffroT

Controller and skimmer

Still gathering components for my future tank setup. What do you think of the Reef Keeper Plus Elite controller? Also Is anyone familiar with Life Reef skimmers? Thanks
  2. JeffroT

Plumbing and pumps

Thanks for the info and the links. A lot of stuff to learn. Who better to learn from then the people using them daily. The cost of the items isn't really the issue I just hate to spend more than I have to but don't want to buy twice because I was cheapskate. LOL. jeffro
  3. JeffroT

Sump

Thanks everybody :)
  4. JeffroT

Sump

Thanks for the tempered glass info.
  5. JeffroT

Plumbing and pumps

woops hit enter without finishing my 2nd question. LOL What are your opinions of the Hydor koralia magnum pumps
  6. JeffroT

Plumbing and pumps

Couple of questions Some of you know I'm planning a 180G build with 150G sump. I think i'm gonna go with the herbie overflow. I'm having a hard time finding plumbing info that is consistent. Mainly looking for size recommendations. Any other plumbing recommendations are welcome. Thanks...
  7. JeffroT

GlennF's reefing heaven!

Pretty awesome!! Welcome
  8. JeffroT

Hello from Judite

Hello there. I am knew as well so I'm no help. LOL. But I will be reading to see the replies. Good luck jeffro
  9. JeffroT

How did you find ReefSanctuary?

I was watching youtube vids about SW stuff and one of the vids refered this site for helpful suggestions and tips.
  10. JeffroT

Sump

Yes GOMA, That is exactly what I want to do with my sump. My reason tho is I was given a 150G tall tank for free and plan to use it for the sump. I didn't want to build my tank stand that tall. All of the components will be in a room behind the viewing wall. (tank will be wall mounted flush). So...
  11. JeffroT

Few pictures from my aquarium

Great pics and awesome videos. Tank is beautiful! I was gonna ask about the shimp as well. LOL As far as the English I wish I could speak/write/read a second language. Very nice.
  12. JeffroT

Sump

1st question It seems like I haven't seen it very often but the sump could be next to the aquarium instead of under it couldn't it? I imagine space is why most go under. 2nd question Is there a way to tell if the glass tank is tempered or not? Thanks
  13. JeffroT

New to saltwater

That's great! Glad to hear from you
  14. JeffroT

New to saltwater

Ok I figured out how to add my avatar. I don't have any salt fish pics so I will use this pic from the Henry Doorly Zoo here in Omaha,Ne. It is one of my favorite fish.
  15. JeffroT

New to saltwater

I just started a photobucket account. so how does a guy add a pic to his profile?
  16. JeffroT

New to saltwater

Trying to learn the site a little better. A few questions What is a sticky thread vs. normal thread What does "tunicate" mean under my user name? Also just trying to get my posts up Thanks
  17. JeffroT

New to saltwater

I appreciate the support. I am already learning a ton of stuff just reading and following everyone's topics. I am enjoying the links provided and trying to keep my brain from exploding. LOL. I really love the pics the color is what draws me too the hobby which is why I was mostly African...
  18. JeffroT

New to saltwater

Thanks for the welcome. Someone stated it in another post I read and it is true about this being a very friendly group. I have joined other forums studying and lurking around for info and they have been filled with "know it all condescending clowns". Not very helpful to a "noob". LOL Being a...
  19. JeffroT

New to saltwater

Hi all. My name is Jeffro. I am new to saltwater but have kept freshwater setups for 20 years. Mostly Cichlids. I once had over 4000 gallons set up at the same time. I have been out of the hobby for about 8 years. I always wanted saltwater but didn't really have the time with kids and all. Now...