Search results

1. tbittner

Did you read this?

Rare male sea dragon pregnant - CNN.com Beautiful animals! Hopefully they can successfully raise the babies.
  2. tbittner

Interesting yet distressing

Acidic water threatens West coast sealife, scientists warn - CNN.com
  3. tbittner

Aquariums For You

Did you know that they just filled for bankruptcy and there are a LOT of people who have lost their deposits? I called them for a quote about 5 weeks ago, John (the owner) kept calling 3 times a week and sending emails almost everyday saying that if I send in a deposit now, he'd give me an...
  4. tbittner

Can't wait to see this!

Smithsonian to open massive new 'Ocean Hall' in September - Yahoo! News I'm sure it will be spectacular.
  5. tbittner

Mandarins

This is very cool!!! Marine Ornamental Fish & Invert Breeders :: View topic - BC2008 - Mandarin - Witt - I'm in the game!
  6. tbittner

Bunnies!

Yinz (Pittsburgh talk meaing "you all") are REALLY starting to freak me out!!! There are freaking bunnies all OVER the place! I'm going to start to catch them and throw them in the predator tank. :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp:
  7. tbittner

Perspective!

Man, talk about putting things in perspective!!! Here I thought my leaking 450g aquarium was bad, that is, until I read THIS!!!
  8. tbittner

Are we rich?

This is really interesting and hopeful. Algae: 'The ultimate in renewable energy' - CNN.com
  9. tbittner

Glass aquariums

Has anyone used Aquariums For You? I'm starting the think about getting the predator tank on order and we want a glass aquarium. It's going to be sitting beside the 450g reef, but coming out into the room to form an L shape. So we want similar materials for both tanks. Our predator tank...
  10. tbittner

Special

I get emails from Saltwaterfish.com and the special they are running right now is: Get a Yellow Kuda Seahorse, only $14.99, only at Saltwaterfish.com. Just passing it along in case anyone is interested. :)
  11. tbittner

Substrate decision

Please take a look at the following substrates and give me your opinion as to what you would use and why. I want to eventually get one or two Bluespot Jawfish so please take that into consideration. This is for my 450g 120x24x36 and I'm going to have a closed loop running on this tank with...
  12. tbittner

Amazing story!

I wonder if Dolphins and Whales are able to communicate. I mean, this just doesn't seeming like a random thing. It's like the Dolphins and the Whales knew what was going on. Dolphin rescues stranded whales - CNN.com
  13. tbittner

Clown fish

Take a look at this. MrCoral.com I'm assuming they are wild caught. I've heard horror stories about wild caught clown fish being full of disease and bad bacteria. What IS the truth about wild caught clown fish? I'd love to have this pair...
  14. tbittner

OT: Thank you!!!

I would like to take a minute and thank Craig Manoukian for all he does for RS. He is truly an oustanding individual and he shows his love for this hobby in so many of his posts. Thank you, Craig!
  15. tbittner

Lighting

Of course we use equipment to produce the light, but isn't light one of the "chemicals" required for sustaining corals? :) That is the reason I put this thread in this forum instead of the Equipment forum. But you won't hurt my feelings if you move it. :) Lets start here: And from this...
  16. tbittner

Impressive!

NEW 860 GALLON ACRYLIC TANK AQUARIUM BUILT TO ORDER jbj - eBay (item 170196676851 end time Mar-05-08 08:27:40 PST) Now, does anyone know anything about this company? Something just doesn't seem right for that price....
  17. tbittner

OT: Smart???

I don't THINK so! Diver in chummed waters dies after shark bite - CNN.com
  18. tbittner

Terry's 450g upgrade

I've been documenting the 450g upgrade in my 120g money pit thread. I figured this tank is worth it's own thread. I hope the mods don't mind me having another thread. :) This is the room where the tank is going to go. It's going to go against the wall to the right of the door. Since...
  19. tbittner

MarineAndReef.com

I love these guys! My Sequence Barracuda pump had developed a small leak so I placed an order with them for a backup Barracuda and a replacement seal for my leaky one. I called them later and asked to change the shipping to overnight. He said that he was about to call me because they were out...
  20. tbittner

Too COOL!!!

Plywood Tank - ReefPedia And it looks really nice too! Just imagine the possiblities. :)