Search results

1. FishTaleZ

VorTech MP10 ES - bday present

Hi all I received a fantastic bday gift from my husband who was attentive to my amazon wish list. I set the powerhead up and love the way it pulsates the water. I have a 24g and now have to rearrange Everything as it has blown everything around!!! No joke I do love it but wish I had this...
  2. FishTaleZ

What is up with this guy?

What is up with this guy? HE ATE MY GOBY!! This afternoon my anenome is reaching for the stars!:stars: What is up with him? Tank readings as of yesterday: Temp 77.6 Nitrates, Nitrites, Ammonia = 0 pH 7.8 Alk 8.2 Salinity 1.025 Ca 440 Mg 1440 Any thoughts? He has been happy in...
  3. FishTaleZ

In doubt regarding acclimation process

Advice needed - I am in the process of purchasing corals via online. So far I have had no issues but would like to ask some advice. I have purchased an Acclimate from Dr Foster and Smith and have been very successful in buying SW fish as I can ask for additional SW to acclimate properly...
  4. FishTaleZ

What am I?

I thought I bought a chalice, but researching further, I may have a montipora, or may be a Echinopora or Cyphastrea.... Any thoughts, as I would like to know exactly what I have. Thanks, :smack:
  5. FishTaleZ

Bookmarks

Hi! I have a suggestion or request to the moderators. Maybe the answer has already been established but I cannot locate it. I find that I see some posts or information that is very important. I would like a way to bookmark these. So far I've been writing them down and trying to remember...
  6. FishTaleZ

FishTaleZ New JBJ 24g Nano adventure

Hi everyone! Starting a new SW adventure after a 2 year hiatus. I had a great 14g Oceanic Bio cube 2008-2010 where I had to place it in storage due to a move. I decided to resurrect the little guy and planned on upgrading the lighting in 6 months with LEDs. I saw a perfect tank to fit my...
  7. FishTaleZ

Alexandria VA area/Oceanic 14g Bio cube and stand 4 sale

Hi All, In the next couple of days I will be posting pics to sell my Oceanic 14g Bio cube and stand. I'm in the process of cleaning it up. It's a great little tank that I started out with. I had it running for 2 years 2008-2010 and placed it storage to move. I just started it up again in...
  8. FishTaleZ

Why I like RS

For all Newbies I feel I must make this important post. As Newbies we all love to learn from people who have been there, done there and worn the T Shirt so to speak. There is so much information regarding this hobby whether you are first starting out, have moderate or expert experience and...
  9. FishTaleZ

I changed my mind

:smirk: I've had a 14g Oceanic bio cube a couple of years ago and broke it down since I moved. I started it up again and its into its second week of cycling. I wanted to upgrade the lighting in the next 6 months and was conducting some research. Well my eyes fell on the JBJ 24g nano with all...
  10. FishTaleZ

Lighting assistance needed

Hi curious visitors; I need some help. I have a 14g Oceanic bio cube that I am attempting to re-start. I need help with the moon lights as one burned out and the other is dim. I had the unit stored for 2 1/2 years. Went on Oceanic's website which refers one to a local dealer. Spent 45...
  11. FishTaleZ

Live rock placement

Hi all; Looking for some quick advice. I will be starting up a 14g bio cube next week (2nd time around) and have been viewing some threads on rock placement. With my last tank my rocks never touched the glass or the back of the tank. Could anyone share any information on rocks that are...
  12. FishTaleZ

Greetings all!

Hi, I moved to the Northern Virginia area about 2 years ago and would like to ask the group if they know of a good LFS in the area. I moved from South Florida where I had a 14g biocube which I absolutely enjoyed. I now live in a townhome, so the 14g will be ideal since the living space is...