Search results

1. Wooden Harpoon

Poll: Products for Joining PVC Plumbing

What is the best aquarium-safe product for joining my pieces of PVC together when putting together the plumbing for my new tank??? P.S. It must be Reef Safe (of course!) :contract:
  2. Wooden Harpoon

55gal. New (Used) Tank Set-Up Questions

Hello everyone! I have been keeping a 20 gal. x-tra high Nano-Reef for about 1 year now. It has given me a great deal of experience and most of all, enjoyment. However, I am limited as to what I can do now other than keep it running and aiding in the development and growth of my corals. It...
  3. Wooden Harpoon

Update: Condylactus Frogspawn Battle For Power

Well, the last time I wrote, I was having a problem with my purple-tip condylactus anemone stinging my frogspawn. Last night, I came home to find my anemone sitting right on top of my coral. "AAAAAAGH!!!" This was insult to injury. This morning, my anemone has moved back to his original...
  4. Wooden Harpoon

Is my Anemone stinging my Frogspawn?

Everyone was so helpful with my last question. So, I have to ask another. My Purple Tip Condylactus is traveling up my live rock. His tentacles reach further up into the tank than before. They are at level with my frogspawn now. Since he has reached this new position, my frogspawn looks...
  5. Wooden Harpoon

Feeding My Condialctus

I have a nice large purple-tip condilactus. He's about 5"x3". He seems to have good tan coloration and healthy plump tentacles. I feed my tank once a week with a large buffet of live brine shrimp. Everything indulges in this feeding frenzy. The hermits, clowns, domino, corals, and even the...
  6. Wooden Harpoon

I'm Nervous! First "real piece added today

Sorry for there not being any pics yet! I won't have any until this weekend hopefully. However, I have added my first "real" piece. A large grouping of green zoos. They seem to be in the process of adjusting. There is only one thing. After turning off the light, I turned on the blue LED...
  7. Wooden Harpoon

Attaching a Powerhead to Live Rock

This question will definitely tell you how new to the hobby I really am: I want to increase my water flow. I have a very small Aquaclear 10 powerhead moving about 80gph. I want to add another power head. The other powerhead I have is considerably larger. However, it does not have suction...
  8. Wooden Harpoon

Arrow's My Boy

I added the "evil" Arrow crab to my tank to get rid of some bristle worms I saw peeking out from this new LR I purchased. Mr. Arrowhead sat in the tank a while digging a hole. I was starting to reconsider things until I came home. Sure enough, He is eating a peice of a bristle worm right now...
  9. Wooden Harpoon

New Clean-Up Crew

I have finally added some critters to my 10gal. tank. I am building a clean-up crew: 1~ Arrow Crab (He's very cool.) This guy is extremely busy building a little hole for him self in a cave where I positioned my LR. 6~ Little Red Hermits with Blue Claws. These guys went straight to...
  10. Wooden Harpoon

I'm A Newb!

Hello to everyone out there. I am here to hopefully share with everyone my experiences with my Nano Reef as well as to hopefully learn some tips as I go along. My tank is 10 gallons. I have a Sunpod 150w for my lighting source. And, I have just added my live rock and aggregate. Good...