Search results

1. J

are all firefish so scared all the time?

i have this purple flame goby/ fire fish but he is almost always hiding. he was the first fish in the tank and i dont really have anything that is aggressive. i have two clarkii, blue spot goby, square spot anthius and a pajama cardinal. noone really bothers him but he always darts back in...
  2. J

more flow from hob overflow??

i want to get some more flow from my hob overflow. it is rated at 600 gph. one U tube and one 1in drain pipe. if i add another U tube and another 1in drain would that get the flow at about 1200 gph. not quite sure this would work so im askin all you diy gurus. if it wont work i guess ill...
  3. J

paint for inside of tank

is there any paint that is safe to have on the inside of the tank? i want to paint my hob overflow to match the back of my tank
  4. J

want to add a fuge

how do i add afuge to my system if i already have a sump? i have a 55 gal with hob overflow into a 20 gal sump. want to add a fuge but cant figure how to get the water in and out without extra chance of flooding. do i put another overflow to the fuge and return back to the display or overflow...
  5. J

need to find seio mount bracket

does anyone know where i can find a mounting bracket from a seio so that i can mount my modded maxijet like this.
  6. J

cant get toadstool to attach

i have this toadstool leather that has barely any base. it does not want to attach to the rock. ive tried to sew it and ive tried to sit it in the sand but it wont atttach to that either. i think the current moves it before it grabs. any suggestions?
  7. J

do i have to have a filter sock

do i need to use a filter soc on the overflow into my sump? it gets dirty very quick and needs cleaned/replaced every 2-3 days. do i need to use it or is there another way?
  8. J

colt leather has a hole in it

my colt leather has a hole in it and it looks like the insides are coming out. what could this be from. the branch that has the hole is limp.
  9. J

want to add a fuge. have ????

so i want to add afuge to my system. the prob is that i have a 20 gal high as my sump right now and dont have enough room for a fuge in it unless it could only be 6" X 6" square. dont think that is big enough. so is there a way to attach a 10 gal to this? would i need another overflow and...
  10. J

how do i know if my toadstool is dieing???

it wasattached to the same rock as my finger leather and they were battleing for space so i cut it off the rock and sewed it to another rock in the tank. i did this about three or four days ago. it is significantly smaller and slimeing. the pollups start to come out but never do. will i know...
  11. J

algae question???

is all red algae growth cyano? i have spots of red on the lr mixed in with thhe coraline growth. is it cayano? also i have one dark green and maybe black or grey. not sure whatis going on with that. i know the green is just some sort of algae but the blackish spots are alittle questionable...
  12. J

i hope i didnt kill everyhing in the tank

well i made a sump for my 55 reef but i think now that i might have used the wrong silicone. i used 100% sinicone but i now see that it says bio seal mildew protectant on it> is that bad will it kill everything and will carbon remove it? will it always be in there? should i take out the sump...
  13. J

sick bta

hey guys im new to this site. i have 55 gal reef, bout 60 ibs of lve rock. 2-3 inch live sand bed. ive had the aquarium up for about a year and had the bta for about 5 mos. about a week ago it started looking really bad. all shrivelled up and stringy. it has not gotten any better. i think...