Search results

1. J

T5 Retro With A Icecap Ballast & URI Bulbs

would you want to sell the reflectors by themself
  2. J

more flow from hob overflow??

how about this one? i need about 1000 gph. i have this one in the 600 gph model and it works great. just want to see what everyone says about it. thanks for the info eBay: AQUARIUM OVERFLOW BOX DUAL FOR SUMP WET DRY 1200 GPH (item 120107933550 end time Apr-18-07 06:47:32 PDT)
  3. J

guess ill just buy a new one. what do you think about this one?eBay: Aquarium Overflow Box 1200G w/ lift powerhead for Reef (item 160105843565 end time Apr-18-07 17:17:44 PDT)
  4. J

it wouldnt work even if i cut another hole for a second drain. i would think that another drain and U tube would work but hopefully i can get a few more opinions.
  5. J

are all firefish so scared all the time?

i have this purple flame goby/ fire fish but he is almost always hiding. he was the first fish in the tank and i dont really have anything that is aggressive. i have two clarkii, blue spot goby, square spot anthius and a pajama cardinal. noone really bothers him but he always darts back in...
  6. J

i want to get some more flow from my hob overflow. it is rated at 600 gph. one U tube and one 1in drain pipe. if i add another U tube and another 1in drain would that get the flow at about 1200 gph. not quite sure this would work so im askin all you diy gurus. if it wont work i guess ill...
  7. J

paint for inside of tank

good point never really thought of that. thanks
  8. J

paint for inside of tank

is there any paint that is safe to have on the inside of the tank? i want to paint my hob overflow to match the back of my tank
  9. J

want to add a fuge

one more question. i want the fuge basically for some macro for nutrient export and a place for copepods to grow. my question is how do the pods get back to the display tank without being killed by the pumps? should the flow out of the fuge into the sump skip the skimmer section so that the...
  10. J

paint for tank

you can use krylon fusion for thing inside the tank? i want to paint my overflow but dont know if im able too
  11. J

want to add a fuge

how would i attach the two tanks and how do i make the water spill over the fuge into tha sump without it spilling onto the floor? would this work? if i drill 3-4 holes into the side of the fuge hat is butted up against the sump (the fuge would be elevated and the holes would be above the...
  12. J

need to find seio mount bracket

cool i want to do two of them so let me know if you have anything. thanks
  13. J

thoght about that but i want to be able to angle it from a corner
  14. J

want to add a fuge

i would have to have the fuge and sump side by side. the fuge could be 4-5 inches highr but i dont think that would do it. i also dont really want to drill the tanks. any other ides? i really want this to work but im not really sure how to make it work. thanks for all the help so far though.
  15. J

want to add a fuge

so your tank overflow goes into the sump and fuge then the fuge returns the water to the return part of your sump. that sound a little better than the idea i had. my overflow flows 600gph and my pump is about 500gph with head loss. for the pump that pumps from the fuge to the sump i should...
  16. J

want to add a fuge

how do i add afuge to my system if i already have a sump? i have a 55 gal with hob overflow into a 20 gal sump. want to add a fuge but cant figure how to get the water in and out without extra chance of flooding. do i put another overflow to the fuge and return back to the display or overflow...
  17. J

does anyone know where i can find a mounting bracket from a seio so that i can mount my modded maxijet like this.
  18. maxijet_mount_mod

maxijet_mount_mod

19. J

cant get toadstool to attach

split again where can i get this netting?
  20. J

cant get toadstool to attach

i tried the toothpick again and i put it somewhere ther was very little flow. hopefully it will work this time. thanks