Search results

1. slfcaptain

Redoing rock work with mostly new rock

Thanks for looking. ☺ There are multiple things I don't like. The piece on the right is two large rocks epoxied together. I would like it better in a large tank but in mine it looks too overwhelming. It also limits the places where I can place corals because t It creates a lot of overhangs. So...
  2. slfcaptain

Redoing rock work with mostly new rock

Well I finally decided that I won't be able to get the look I want with the rock I have in the tank. Honestly I hate my current rockscape. I am thinking of curing and cycling a batch of fresh dry rock to replace the rock I have. I would keep a small amount of the rock that I currently have. If...
  3. slfcaptain

Help with doser

I bought a Jabeo doser and I am having problems with the lines draining back into the reservoir. This is the second unit that I have received, the first one was sent back for the same reason. Before I send this one back I want to make sure that I have done everything that I can to make it work...
  4. slfcaptain

Jebao doser

It looks like the rollers are not pinching the tubing enough to prevent back flow. I am going to try to exchange it. I'll give the jebao doser one more chance. steve
  5. slfcaptain

Jebao doser

This is what the connections look like. Do they look ok? steve
  6. slfcaptain

Jebao doser

I have reprimed everything and looked everything over and the lines still drain. So I guess I have a defective product. Is there anything else I should check before o attempt a return? steve
  7. slfcaptain

Jebao doser

I couldnt find any leaks and I couldnt blow air through the tubes. I reprimed and one line held but the other drained. I reprimed that one and now it looks like its holding. Dont know if its a permanent fix or not. Maybe I didnt prime right before or maybe the pump occasionally get in a position...
  8. slfcaptain

Jebao doser

I'll look for leaks, not sure how though. Should the reservoir the supplement is in be air tight? I put a pin hole in the caps to let air in. steve
  9. slfcaptain

Jebao doser

I just got a jebao doser and set it up this weekend. I was looking over all the tubes today and there is air in them. I did prime the tubes when I set it up. Looks like the solutions are draining back down into the containers. Do I have to put a check valve on the lines or do I have a...
  10. slfcaptain

Kyles blood, sweet and TEARS!!! :)

Havent heard from Kyle in a while. steve
  11. slfcaptain

Water Level

You can raise the level in the back by lowering the skimmer cup (the thing with teeth that lets water into the back. I had a bad night sleep and can't think if the name). Or you can add more water to the tank. It takes a little experimentation to find the right placement. steve
  12. slfcaptain

Got a Q about RS coral pro salt

I routinely forget to stop mixing at four hours and I haven't experienced any problems. steve
  13. slfcaptain

A Picture A Day......

Oxy, whats the name of the coral? steve
  14. slfcaptain

ATO Container Recommendations?

I use a dog food container. I bought it at petsmart. Holds a little under 5g. steve
  15. slfcaptain

Wrangy's 50 Gallon Reef Cube

Thats some great growth! Looking good. steve
  16. slfcaptain

All Red Sea max c-130 owners I need Help

I like the new skimmer that comes with the 130c. I have a 130-d but have the newer skimmer and it has been working great for me, it pulls out a lot of gunk. The break in period can last 2-3 weeks so you have to be patient but after that it will work solidly. In my opinion, I would spend my money...
  17. slfcaptain

SLF's RSM 130D

I might do something as simple as laying the rocks on the left down on their sides and adding a few small pieces. If I had all over to do I dont think I would have the massive rock on the right. It just feels like it is limiting my options. steve
  18. slfcaptain

SLF's RSM 130D

I think I might give them a try. The LFS has them but they do seem a bit large. I did get a snail booster from reefcleaners that included a super large nerite that hasn't done any damage. A large turbo should be ok. steve
  19. slfcaptain

SLF's RSM 130D

Its been forever since I posted any sort of FTS or a proper update. Part of the reason is I thought we were moving and did absolutely nothing with the tank since around February. So my tank looks like it hasn't changed in forever. So here is a almost update-to-date photo (I took it about 1-2...
  20. slfcaptain

SLF's RSM 130D

Hmmm, I think I would be embarrassed posting a shot. I am in the middle of a red hair algae breakout. I"'ll think about when the lights come back on.lol steve