Jebao doser

slfcaptain

I just got a jebao doser and set it up this weekend. I was looking over all the tubes today and there is air in them. I did prime the tubes when I set it up. Looks like the solutions are draining back down into the containers. Do I have to put a check valve on the lines or do I have a cheap/defective product?

steve

reefer gladness

I'd say you probably have a defect in the tubing or one of the connections. A peristaltic pump should not allow solutions to drain back down, probably just a small leak somewhere letting air in.

Edit: Just a thought but if the tubing doesn't have a leak it must be the rollers aren't creating enough pressure on the tubing to prevent the backflow. If this is the case then the product is defective.

slfcaptain

I'll look for leaks, not sure how though.

Should the reservoir the supplement is in be air tight? I put a pin hole in the caps to let air in.

steve

slfcaptain

I couldnt find any leaks and I couldnt blow air through the tubes. I reprimed and one line held but the other drained. I reprimed that one and now it looks like its holding. Dont know if its a permanent fix or not. Maybe I didnt prime right before or maybe the pump occasionally get in a position that allows back flow.

steve

reefer gladness

The reservoir doesn't need to be airtight. I use a BRS peristaltic pump to dose kalkwasser and it pulls from a 7.5 gallon water tote that isn't airtight.

I also didn't need to prime it, it's run dry a few times and it always starts up again but it does take awhile to pull water through the empty tube.

What really needs to be airtight is that point inside the pump where the roller compresses the tube. Too much pressure and the tube wears out quickly and too little it doesn't form an airtight seal.

slfcaptain

I have reprimed everything and looked everything over and the lines still drain. So I guess I have a defective product. Is there anything else I should check before o attempt a return?

steve

slfcaptain

It looks like the rollers are not pinching the tubing enough to prevent back flow. I am going to try to exchange it. I'll give the jebao doser one more chance.

steve