Search results

1. VegasReefer

How to build a fuge???

tbittner: I used Google SketchUp. Its free and rather intuitive to use. Once you get the basics down it is almost fun. You can get it at Google SketchUp - Home There was a good tutorial on Advanced Aquarist's Online Magazine that will give you the basics on making a tank the easy way...
  2. VegasReefer

How to build a fuge???

Hmm.. Wonder why my reply didn't go through yesterday. I wrought up a nice walk through on what I use.... witch is Google SketchUp BTW. I will type it up again for you.
  3. VegasReefer

How to build a fuge???

tbittner: I used Google SketchUp. Its free and rather intuitive to use. Once you get the basics down it is almost fun. You can get it at Google SketchUp - Home There was a good tutorial on Advanced Aquarist's Online Magazine that will give you the basics on making a tank the easy way...
  4. VegasReefer

How to build a fuge???

Ok so this is going to be your only sump? There are a couple of options for this then. If you are going to have high water turnover in the sump.. ie. over 120 gph you would be better splitting your drain line and placing the fuge against the right side, have the left side be your main drain...
  5. VegasReefer

How to build a fuge???

Here is a Quick sketch, not all dimensions are correct, so small tweeks will need to be made. Tweeks that should be made: 1: Adjust the distance between the wall and Baffle " A " to accommodate your skimmer pump. This area can also be used for Chemical filtration if needed. 2: Adjust the...
  6. 20 Gallon Sump Diagram

20 Gallon Sump Diagram

7. VegasReefer

Greatings from Sin City

Thanks for all the replies. The Gas thing was a just a joke. I worked out the Costs on the small tank. The larger tank will go in after some electrical mods. Adding a 2- 4 K PV solar to the house. That should cover a portion. Again thanks for the kind words. I am going through the DIY pages, so...
  8. VegasReefer

Greatings from Sin City

Thanks. I am trying to make sketches and figure out what and where to put things. This is going to be fun now that I don't have a Mentor any more.. My one friend that kept a reef Skipped town. His wife keeps calling thinking I know where he went. So if any of you are from Vegas, and want...
  9. VegasReefer

Greatings from Sin City

Hello everyone. Been lurking in the shadows for a bit. Reading everything I can till my eyes either bleed or calloused over. As you can probably guess from the title and my SN, I am form Las Vegas Nevada. ( or as I like to call it LOST WAGES ) About 20 years ago I had 3 tanks. All saltwater...