Search results

1. proud2bcanadian

I'm back!

Hey everyone! How have you all been? It's been a while since I've posted, and decided that I'll get back into the habit of things now that I'm getting back to school for one final year! What have I been up to you may ask? Well, I've become a workaholic and I still work at one of my local...
  2. proud2bcanadian

North Carolina

Hey everyone. We're just getting ready to make our annual trip down to North Carolina for (the US) Thanksgiving. I will be going to Burnsville, NC, for those who may be familiar with that city...It's about an hour away (North) from Asheville, which I plan on visiting too. Would anyone...
  3. proud2bcanadian

Ot: Jag

Anyone else here watch the show? I just (finally) saw the series finale! I want it to come back so bad! It was such an amazing show! Rumours have it that it won't be coming out on DVD until '08 :cry1: So who else had followed the show? What did you think of the last couple of episodes?
  4. proud2bcanadian

Drywall or What?

For all of those who have fish rooms... I am looking at making my own with a, soon to be empty, room in the basement. I have the 2x4's and insulation ready, and I just need to know what type of drywall to put up?!? What do you use? I'm stuck. There are so many different types! Any help...
  5. proud2bcanadian

Miyaki

Has anyone ever heard of miyaki rocks? A nearby LFS is ordering some, and I might be in the mood of picking some up :bigbounce I just wanted to hear what others had to say about this type of rock, because I have never heard of it myself, and I wasn't able to find anything by Google-ing...
  6. proud2bcanadian

Octo vs. Shark - Must See!

http://www.alldumb.com/item/13482/ All I can say is - WHOA!
  7. proud2bcanadian

HUGE tank - really good deal!

I was just looking around eBay, and found this monster at a great price! It's drilled, it's 1200 gallons, and $300 US +$300 shipping!! An acrylic tank like this one from Tenecor would run you over $10,000! http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20755&item=7704526127&rd=1 I...
  8. proud2bcanadian

OT: Freshwater Red Mangrove help

Hi everyone, I just picked up two FW Red Mangroves that I want to put in my tank. As some of you already know, I have a 10g FW tank that is fully established, and I am setting my 50g up as we speak. Could someone tell me what the best way to care for these plants is? They're only seedlings...
  9. proud2bcanadian

FS! Awesome Deal!

I just found this in the Newsgroups... this needs to go by tomorrow. im letting it go for 125$, delivered to austin or san antonio. ill even include a FREE 55 gallon acrylic tank w/ top and lights. so, to recap, heres what you get: 1 x 55 gallon glass tank 1 x 55 gallon acrylic tank...
  10. proud2bcanadian

Most recent project...

Hey everyone. I've been busy lately with some projects, and I decided that I'll share some pictures with you guys. The one I have currently been working on is a stand/canopy/skimmer cabinet for a 240gallon tank (72"L x 32"W x 24"H). I made the top frame of the stand out of 2x8's and the...
  11. proud2bcanadian

120g acrylic aquarium

I'm just wondering if it's possible to make a 120gallon acrylic aquarium (4' x 2' x 2') out of 1/4'' acrylic. It's just regular acrylic, not cast or polycast, and there would be a eurobrace. I've checked the Garf tank building site, and it says that you should use 1/2''. My question is -...
  12. proud2bcanadian

Lighting Distance

I just got my 50watt metal halide ballasts in the mail the other day, and I'm going to do the wiring and such this weekend. I'm just wondering what the distance from the water should be? The 50watt metal halide bulb will be about 4000K (the highest available). The ballast is a Magnetek and the...
  13. proud2bcanadian

Coral Acclimation

How do you acclimate your corals? I've been trying all different types of methods, but I haven't been having much success. I've lost a brain and a shroom, and it looks as if I'm about to lose another shroom. What happens with me is after I put them in the tank, they get this mucus covering...
  14. proud2bcanadian

Show us your prop/frag tanks!

I'm thinking of starting a 6' long x 2' wide x 1' high SPS frag tank. Anyone have any pictures of theirs (it doesn't have to be SPS)? Thank you,
  15. proud2bcanadian

50watt MH

As some of you may know, I decided to use 1x50watt MH for my 10g nano. I just bought some of these ballasts - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46314&item=4346271519&rd=1 ...and I was wondering what bulb I can use? I've found some, but I'm not sure if they'll work with...
  16. proud2bcanadian

Don't you just LOVE Boxing Day Sales?!?!?!?!

Here's a few sales close to home (GTA, Ontario, Canada). Nassarious snails $1.99 Blue Leg hermit crabs $0.75 Turbo snails $1.99 Live rock $1.99/lb Frag corals $7.99 :drooool: :turntable I just love Boxing Day Sales!!!!!!!! :) lol What deals are out there for the rest of you?
  17. proud2bcanadian

10g

Here's a picture with the lights off the tank, and looking down... If you look closely, you can see 3 green zoo's opened in about the middle of the picture... I'll try to get some better pictures this weekend when my older brother comes out with his better camera.
  18. proud2bcanadian

Temperatures... Canadian vs. American

50° Fahrenheit (10° C): Californians shiver uncontrollably. Canadians plant gardens. 35° Fahrenheit (1.6° C) Italian Cars won't start Canadians drive with the windows down 32° Fahrenheit (0 ° C) American water freezes Canadian water gets thicker. 0° Fahrenheit (-17.9° C)...
  19. proud2bcanadian

ID with no pic...

Here come another pic-less ID. I will try and get a pic if I can, but in the meantime, any help is appreciated. I have what looks like a red ''centipede'' on my LR. It hasn't moved in a couple days, but is getting bigger. I'm thinking of removing it, but I have no clue if it's good or bad...
  20. proud2bcanadian

Three Questions

1) Anyone ever used HPS (high pressure sodium) as lighting for reef tanks? 2) Is it possible to mix different types of live rock? (Indonesian, Tonga Branch, and Tonga Kaelini) 3) Has anyone ever heard of Encrusted Gorgonian live rock? One of the private businesses nearby has it for $16.00...