North Carolina

proud2bcanadian

Hey everyone.

We're just getting ready to make our annual trip down to North Carolina for (the US) Thanksgiving.

I will be going to Burnsville, NC, for those who may be familiar with that city...It's about an hour away (North) from Asheville, which I plan on visiting too.

Would anyone happen to know of a LFS in that area that is worth visiting?
The LFS Database isn't giving me a whole lot of help, since I am not familiar with the area.

TIA,

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
"I like calling North Carolina home" :D

Sorry David..i'm not familiar with that area. That is 3 hrs north of me. Have fun on your visit!! If you get lost and are near the Raleigh area, you can stop by here! :)

mps9506

Hmmm. There is supposedly one good SW specialty store up in that area, not sure what it is called though. Sorry.
I do know that if you can make it to the Charlotte area it would be worth checking o ut High Tide and Fintastic. Fintastic is pricey, but usually worth the visit to see some cool fish. High Tide is a specialty reef outfit. Run by hobbyist types.
The 2 hour drive to the Triad area would let you stop by Kernersville where there is one good LFS, I belive it is called the Aquarium Center or something to that extent. Aquamain in Greensboro is worth dropping in if you are in the area. Sometimes the reef stuff looks good, sometimes it doesn't.
The best stuff in the state would be in Woody's area however.
Sorry, no more help than that :)

Witfull

off topic,,,you gotta go to white water falls. climb down to the bottom,,,its an awesome rush standing on the rocks with a mighty waterfall pounding infront of you.

i went there as a daytrip when i lived at Clemson, SC.

proud2bcanadian

Doni - I don't think that I'll be coming all the way out there unless we go to a Hurricane's game. A couple of years ago we went and saw them play against Detroit, so it is always an option. It all depends on the length of time that we would be in that area for...

Mike - Thanks for all of the names! Hopefully we will venture out from the mountains and get to see some more of the cities, and drop by some of the stores!

Dave - I've looked at some pictures, and it looks beautiful there! I would love to do that, but it would more than likely have to be some other time...I've been to Niagara Falls and done almost the exact same thing though; so I know what you mean about 'an awesome rush'!

mps9506

proud2bcanadian said:
Doni - I don't think that I'll be coming all the way out there unless we go to a Hurricane's game.

Leave it to a Canadian to remind me that my state has a hockey team! :)
I seriously forgot they played there....It must be the last sport that comes to mind to people in this state, although I went to a game while they were in greensboro and it was quite enjoyable. Not quite the same atmosphere as ACC basketball though.