10g

proud2bcanadian

Here's a picture with the lights off the tank, and looking down...
546Top_-_Looking_down.JPG

If you look closely, you can see 3 green zoo's opened in about the middle of the picture...
546s_-_From_the_top_of_the_tank.JPG

I'll try to get some better pictures this weekend when my older brother comes out with his better camera.

proud2bcanadian

It's getting there.

There's tons of algae on the glass, which I'm going to let grow for the time, and then when I get my hungry snails, they'll have lots to eat.

All I need to do is top off the water, but I have to run out and get another heater so the water I'm adding is the same temperature.

I'm still confused on the lighting topic.
I'm stuck between 50W MH, 70W MH, 2x55W PC's, 2x65W PC's, or a 96W Quad PC?!?! Any help's appreciated about the lighting.

proud2bcanadian

I already have some zoo's growing, and I'd like to keep BTA's, LTA's, rose anemone, mushroom's, montipora's, brains, leathers, candycanes, moon's, acro's, clove polyps and star polyps.

Obviously I probably won't be able to keep all of them...
So any lighting suggestions for the above would be great.

Thank you,

Gina

RS STAFF
Hey David, what's going on with your set up? Haven't heard anything in awhile!

proud2bcanadian

Hey Gina.
Well, it's going fine, but I think that I'm going to be selling it.

We're redoing the basement, and I think that I might get a 300g Acrylic tank for down there. Either that or a 180g Glass tank.

I'm just finishing the stand now, so it shouldn't be too long before I can get it sold.

I have come to realize first-hand that such a small tank is so hard to maintain, therefore, since I am still a student, I am going to get something that isn't as hard to maintain.

I'll try and post some pictures of the tank before I sell it.

Gina

RS STAFF
300g! Cool! I know I wouldn't be very good at keeping a nano either! I love the look and all but, would rather look after a larger tank.
Keep us posted!

proud2bcanadian

lol Woodstock. Yeah, it is quite a big upgrade :p
I'm just hoping that it'll work out.
If it doesn't, I have a 190g tank that I'm able to get.

And if that doesn't work out, I'll just find some other tank, lol.
This hobby is an addiction, and I know that I won't be out of it for a long time!

proud2bcanadian

I just sold my LR and LS, and I have people coming to pick up the equipment soon.

After talking with my family, it looks as though I won't get the 300g until I move out. It's just a tad too big right now ;) , considering that I'll be going to university in a couple years.

However, what I am planning on doing will either be getting 2x120g or 2x75g, and using one for SW and the other for FW (as I need to upgrade my 10g FW tank soon). During the March break, I plan on renovating the basement, and I might try to start up the tanks then, since that's where they would be going.

This time, I'm going to gather all of my equipment and have everything ready before I start up the tank.

...Just thought of giving everyone an update...