I'm back!

proud2bcanadian

Hey everyone!

How have you all been?
It's been a while since I've posted, and decided that I'll get back into the habit of things now that I'm getting back to school for one final year!

What have I been up to you may ask? Well, I've become a workaholic and I still work at one of my local LFS'. We underwent a 1/2 million dollar renovation about 6 months ago which changed out whole fishroom, not to mention the whole store. We are planning on saltwater within the next couple of months, and I'm one of two people on staff that have any experience with this side of the hobby, however short mine may have been. My only problem is that the other guy we have on staff is a complete lunatic. He seems to believe that starting a nano is the best way to go, and the least complicated. I don't want to get on a rant here, but it really worries me!

Otherwise, business has been as usual. I am still building stands and canopies for fellow hobbiests. I am currently completing two canopies for a friend for a 220g and a 180g - both Tanganyikan setups. I have recently completed my 55g stand and canopy that I'm using for my FW planted tank. I decided after many attempts that SW is a bit too time consuming for me at the moment, so I'm going to wait for a little while. Pictures will follow ASAP.

My personal life? I'm going into grade 12 which will FINALLY be my FINAL year in high school. It's been a long summer, as I've been working for most of it, and I'm actually looking forward to going back! My decisions for my post-secondary life aren't final yet, however I'm strongly considering some sort of trade. It seems the way to go as there's a demand for tradesman right now (something that robots and machines won't be able to replace) and I'm only 17 with a knack for putting things together - I'm known as Tim Taylor the Zamboni Driver at work! :lol:

Now, all of that may seem to personal for some here, however there were many people here that I had grown close with over the past couple of years, and hopefully this post has filled you in on everything :)

I hope all is well with you guys, and it already feels great to be back!

Now it's your turn...What's been going on here over the past little while?

Witfull

bout time Canuck...glad things are good with you. enjoy this year at school and all it brings. as for ther future,,thats to come, but woark to a goal. happy reefing in the mean time~

Rougiem

Ichthy Inquisitor
PREMIUM
Welcome back P2B...Good to hear you are doing well! I am back at school as well but I am on the other side of the fence.. :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Cougra

Welcome back to P2BC. It's good to hear that you've had a good summer. I hope you enjoy you're last school year!

Gina

RS STAFF
David! Good to hear from you again!
I'm glad things have been going well for you.
Take the time to enjoy your senior year at school!

Things have been going great here at RS!
We've grown alot in the last year as you can probably tell by all the new names.
Several of us got the chance to meet this past July in Baltimore at the Aquarium.
Check out the NJMCA thread and Baltimore trip for pics!

lcstorc

Glad to have you back.
I'm pretty new here as you can see but have fallen in love with this site.
Enjoy your last year of hs and keep us posted.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Welcome back eh, team canada can use all the help we can get.Hope to talk to you again, lol and theres always back bacon in the fridge. Sas.