Search results

1. Amphibious

RODI before or after Softener

That's not the way my softener works. A resin takes the stuff out of the water And the salt regenerates the resin. I've always put the RO/DI after the softener. Been doing this SW thing since 1966.
  2. Amphibious

Pods

Thanks for the welcome. Never really gone, just MIA because my life is very busy. BUT, I’ll check in more often. Glad the pod culture arrived in good condition. Oooops, sorry. I see the error now. Try this - Reef Sanctuary
  3. Amphibious

Is it safe to add a second clown?

If you discover eggs, they’ve bonded as male/female. If no eggs, they will bond as buddies.
  4. Amphibious

Pods

Hmm, guess I must come out of hiding. I have the undeniably envious advantage to get AlgaGen copepods, and other products, collected on the day I order them. :D I haven’t been on Reef Sanctuary in awhile because I concentrate on a couple of local club’s forums. That, along with my...
  5. Amphibious

1st Saltwater Tank - 29g BioCube

OK, what a read. I’ve been in this hobby for 63 years and have experienced many things, helped as many people along the way as possible especially in the last fifteen years or so. Two observations I’d like to make, two recommendations I’ll make and a congratulations. First the...
  6. Amphibious

Pincushion Question!

If your purpose is to save a couple of bucks on shipping, you will one day pay a heavy price for your penny pinching way. Your dealing with live critters that deserve better treatment than to push their limit to go days in water that can go stagnant, ie, depleted of oxygen. Any REPUTABLE...
  7. Amphibious

Help with unknown sps bleaching needed!

What kind of SPS? There are things that attack SPS but are specific to a particular species of coral. Can you get us a picture of the affected corals?
  8. Amphibious

What am I?

You need to target feed them Mysis shrimp.
  9. Amphibious

Macna XXI full registration for sale $89

Anyone interested in going to MACNA XXI in Atlantic City, but not wanting to pay the current full price registration of $139??? My wife is not going to be able to attend. That frees up a cheap price for a full ticket including the banquet. I paid $89 at last years MACNA. That's what I will...
  10. Amphibious

Solaris Owners Attention

Well, everyone should settle down and go to their new web site - PFO Aquatics I am one of their dealers as many of you know because you bought your lights from me, thank you. PFO is a small company and they have a few people on vacation which puts them in a bind. I know, THAT'S NO...
  11. Amphibious

Lynn and Frank's saltwater adventure.

Awesome!!! I love Anthias!
  12. Amphibious

New to the site!

Hi Jenna, Welcome to RS. This is a great site. Usually we hear of people upgrading not down grading. But, you seem to know what you are comfortable with. Dick
  13. Amphibious

Live rock vs base rock

While it's true about the die off, some of what you see will come back after the cycle. As far as base rock vs LR that's up to you. The base rock will be seeded but sometimes rock sold as base isn't as good looking as good LR. It's a toss up and totally up to you. Dick
  14. Amphibious

live rock & lights ???

BigAl is right markm3, it doesn't matter what media, ceramic, BBs, LR rubble or whatever, you are not going to eliminate Nitrate with a canister filter. Nitrate can only be eliminated by anaerobic bacteria which cannot live in the aerobic conditions of a canister filter. Water changes will...
  15. Amphibious

starting my own business

I think you really meant imploding. One of the problems in fragging as you mentioned is to put that money aside for your dream business. Money is in short supply right now and we have so many places for it to go. Be money wise and prudent with it. Dick
  16. Amphibious

This could be good or very bad.

At the time I thought, I should never tell Lynn I was this close with out a call. Now, I'm sorry I didn't. So, I'll take a lickin :whip: and keep on tickin. I do want to meet Cat. If she is half the blast you are, the three of us would have a screamin good time. Has the Blue Spot been...
  17. Amphibious

starting my own business

I believe in dreams, been dreaming all my life. I took the time to check out your profile. If I were in a position to offer you advice that you would accept, here is what I would tell you... Your profile states you are 18 years young (I'm 70 years young and still dreaming), you want to move...
  18. Amphibious

This could be good or very bad.

I should have called you yesterday!!! I was up near you picking up Ocean's Blend product. I had phone in hand but, with limited time, decided to head South and home. I know getting together with you would have been more than, hello, hugs and goodbyes. ESPECIALLY with the newcomer...
  19. Amphibious

Aloha from Hawaii!

Welcome to RS, Rick. I was in Hawaii doing some consulting with two professors from U of H in January 2004. Great and wonderful place that Hawaii. A little to costly to buy property, though. Dick