Search results

1. A

lesser electric stingray with my bamboo shark?

http://daytona.craigslist.org/fuo/3938816131.html what do you guys think? worth getting? expensive? I never heard of these on the market..
  2. A

lesser electric stingray?

http://daytona.craigslist.org/fuo/3938816131.html what do you guys think? worth getting? expensive? I never heard of these on the market..
  3. A

coraline algae

Hi i set my tank up in December and noticed last week a few random small dots that appears to be coraline algae starting to.grow.on the dry rock i seeded in my tank.. is that normal for it to.show up that soon in a sw tank? Does that mean i.have great water quality or what does it mean? I hope...
  4. A

RO/DI arrived

Well my new 150gpd RO/DI arrived the other day and is already hooked up and.producing great water. I took a photo to show the difference between my tap water and the new filtered water but not sure how to upload from a phone. Im not sure how to hook up the float valve that came with it so...
  5. A

Corals with dog face puffer?

Are there any corals that a dog face puffer will not eat? Thanks
  6. A

How to increase quality of tap water without RO/DI?

Hey, I am currently use tap water for my water changes and top offs to my sump... Is there anyway I can increase the quality of this water before it enters my system without using RO/DI system. My tank is a FOWLR so I dont want to invest in the expensive equipment but try to improve my water...
  7. A

Rock in sump

Hey, Quick question, I have dry rock in my sump, is that still effective, or do I need to remove it and put it under a light to get "color" to it and make it turn into live rock... does sump need live rock to make it beneficial or is dry rock still effective for its purpose in the sump? My...
  8. A

Setting up an ATO

Hey, I was trying to set up an JBJ ATO in my stand but I was having difficulty attaching the sensor in my sump, I then tried to use an extra magfloat to use magnets and on the sensor but it did not work.. I later found out that magnets should not be near the sensor... I went from having a...
  9. A

Ammonia in tap water

Hey, I use tap wonder for my FOWLR tank, is ammonia in the tap bad or is that normal. I used a test kit on it and it says its about 1.0 Ammonia.. Is there any way to get rid of it before I put it in my tank or what do you suggest? Right now, I mix my tap water in a 35 gallon can with a...
  10. A

my 2 month old 225g

Hey, been looking for a good reef forum so happy I found this. Been keeping freshwater and a few saltwater tanks over the last 10 years, recently moved and sold everything.. Recently I purchased a full system for a great price, minus a few things for $1100. Little about what I have: 225g...
  11. A

Red Sea Wavemaster Pro

Can anyone help me set this up? I have one of these and currently 3 power heads in my tank.. Or is it even worth having this hooked up? Do wavemaster pro really help the tank or does it matter? I was thinking it may be nice to have it on a lower speed when the moonlights turn on to simulate...
  12. A

ATI High Output T5 10 80w bulb light fixture

Anyone have this? I have this on my 225g and only have polyps and 1 colt coral. Can I grow anything else or what can this light grow? Thanks
  13. A

Clown Tang

I have a 3'' clown tang in my 225g tank, it is the meanest fish, when it comes to tangs.. I had one in my old 90g tank with 2 other tangs and never had any issues... This one has already killed 2 naso's, a powder brown and a blue tang.. I no longer will add any tangs to my tank because I know...
  14. A

Hey, new here and new 225g

Hey, been looking for a good reef forum so happy I found this. Been keeping freshwater and a few saltwater tanks over the last 10 years, recently moved and sold everything.. Recently I purchased a full system for a great price, minus a few things for $1100. Little about what I have: 225g...