Search results

1. salty23

Red Sea Max T5 + LED upgrades

Hey guys, So I see alot of RSM owners switching over to FULL led setups and taking out there T5s etc. However I am looking for some owners, specifically RSM S650 tanks which have "added" led strips or lighting into their tanks and have kept their T5s as well. I've searched around and only...
  2. salty23

█▀▀▀▀ The Final Reef ▀▀▀▀█ Tn's S650 Adventure.

Hi everyone! I would like to share with you guys my final and last upgrade, my new RSM S 650 with you guys. I have recently upgraded from a RSM 250 and currently in the process of swapping things over from my old tank. (Thread can be found here...
  3. salty23

S650 Rock Scape Help

I am in the process of setting up my S650. I need some opinions on the current scape, what do you guys think? would this work or bust. Please feel free to leave any ideas/inputs/changes or concerns, thanks! :square: Front Front from seated view Left Side Front Left Front...
  4. salty23

Stock S650 bulb combination

Does anyone find that the stock bulb combo that comes with the kit is too white? I am planning to switch some of the whites out for ATI Blue+, what do you guys think? Please feel free to share what combinations you guys are running .Thank you :square:
  5. salty23

Anyone try replacing the front glass panel on an S series tank?

Hey guys, I just recently received a S series tank which has a damaged front panel, I was just curious if anyone has attempted or tried to replace the front panel? Before anyone tells me to contact Red Sea or ask if I can buff it out. Its too late for that :) Thanks in advance!
  6. salty23

Any RSM tanks using FULL Red Sea products Only?

I am in the process of setting up my new tank and I've been browsing the forums on some choices on things to run, however I don't see many examples of any RSM tanks using strictly using Red Sea Products only? What I mean is..... a RSM tank using NoPoX, Reef Energy, Coral Colors, etc. While...
  7. salty23

RSM650 + Reef Octopus Super Reef 5000sss Internal Skimmer

Anyone have any experience with the Reef Octopus Super Reef 5000sss Internal Skimmer or the 3000SSS? I am looking for a skimmer for my S650 and looking for options that would fit, any info is appreciated. Link for reference...
  8. salty23

Skimmer Options for the S650

Hi all, I am in the process of purchasing a S650, however I keep reading that the skimmer is the worst part of the S650. Just wondering what options of skimmers are out there that could fit into the stock S650 Sump and what modifications are needed? because I know the sump is tiny and...
  9. salty23

RSM250 Return Pump

Hey guys, I recently had the right side return/circulation pump on my rsm250 die on me. I was reading and read alot of people replace it with the eheim compact 2000s or 3000s. Just wondering what some people with the eheim compact 2000/3000 think and would it be beneficial to have one versus...
  10. salty23

Eshopps Nano Overflow Box

Hi guys, Just wondering if anyone has used/has experience with the eshopps Nano overflow box(J&L Aquatics - Canadian Mail Order Aquarium Supplies - Discontinued Product I am currently looking for an overflow box to drain down to my sump, any recommendations would be appreciated. (Seen the...
  11. salty23

Deltec MCE500 Skimmer Settings

Hey guys, I know alot of you run the Deltec MCE500 skimmer. Was wondering if there were any tips or info you guys could share about getting it to run smoothly and most practical. Currently I have my skimmer cup maxed in height and have the skimmer sitting as high as possible in the back...
  12. salty23

Thoughts on this in tank reactor?

Hey guys, I know this might not be useful for us with RSM250s, but it looks pretty good for a RSM130? Nano Reef Bio-reactor Removes your Nitrates, Phosphates and Slime Algae in your Nano Reef aquarium - YouTube :eek: Anyone have any experience with one of these? Wonder if it would be...
  13. salty23

Tn's RSM250 Build Thread (* PICTURE INTENSIVE *)

Hi everyone! :hallo: I think its about time I started up my tank journal for my RSM250. I recently picked this tank up around Christmas and ever since I've been reading this forum and trying to figure out everything there is to know about these RSM tanks. Browsing and researching on what I...
  14. salty23

RSM 250 Lighting Question

Hi everyone! I am about to startup my first RSM aquarium and it'll be the 250! Currently I am in the process of choosing things which I have read that need to be upgraded or should be upgraded on the RSM250. So far I have: -remove sponges -purchase a RSM250 media basket (place with...