Search results

1. S

Do I need to remove? Cut?

Hello, Help! My hammer oral is looking a bit different in that the base of the cluster is appearing light/pale compared to the rest of the stem, and there is a stringy white substance that comes out, but only occasionally. Do I need to remove, or leave alone, or maybe just cut back to the...
  2. S

Need to add to my cleanup crew

What would be the best critters to get to aid in this clean up work? Thanks for your help! Also, thanks for the help in my previous post about how to post pics. :)
  3. S

Posting pics

I'm trying to post a picture of my green algae overgrowth to get help finding out what algae eating critters are best at eating it up. Why is it such a tedious task to post a pic? Does it really have to be smaller than 300kb? Is there an easier way?
  4. S

Female hermit crab with flower accessory

I got rid of most of the aiptasia in my tank. This one seems to be indisposable, as it is a permanent accessory of my "lady" hermit crab. (Looks like she got her man) lol Too fast for the Aiptasia-X and the peppermint shrimps. :flower:
  5. S

Can peppermint shrimp devour hermit crabs?

You guys were right! These hermit crabs fool me all the time. They have 9 lives or something! I thought they died before and then they came back to life. Now when yesterday they were no where to be found, I jumped to conclusions and blamed it on the shrimp! It's just that I have always been able...
  6. S

Nice or not?

Wow! Amazing. I've never seen a 3 month old tank so developed and mature! You've got guts!
  7. S

What RS is really about . . .

I appreciate this forum very much! When I need help or have a question, I come here because many are helpful. I don't hesitate to post. I did feel slightly belittled once though when I asked a question about a fish that died, and someone asked if I has quarantined it to watch its feeding pattern...
  8. S

Asking a question?

I can tell you one thing you will absolutely need. That is.........$!!!!!
  9. S

new to this

Welcome! I am a newbie too. What I do is get my water from the machine right outside our grocery store. Take it home in a 5 gallon jug. Only costs 75 cents. I mainly use it for top off. I do my water changes with the saltwater from my favorite local fish store. That costs 75 cents a gallon...
  10. S

Can peppermint shrimp devour hermit crabs?

I added 5 peppermint shrimp to my tank on Sunday. Why? Because the lfs had a sale for 5 for $24.99 (buying 5 was cheaper than buying 3 or 4), and I also read a recommendation to have 1 shrimp per every 5 gallons of water. So - I thought adding 5 should be okay since I have a 30 gallon. The...
  11. S

What is this and how do I get rid of it?

Thanks everybody! I got Aiptasia-X today and blasted most of them. Some were pretty tricky, so I couldn't get them all, so I got a few peppermint shrimp for the rest of the cleanup and upkeep. I hope it works.
  12. S

Help me ID

Please help me ID. Thanks! You guys "rock"! :apint: [/url][/IMG]
  13. S

I have one growing right near my Zoa polyps. Will the Aiptasia X kill the Zoa too?
  14. S

[/url][/IMG] Is this brown hair algae? (Center of pic). I have snails and hermit crabs. They don't eat it. When I try to pluck them out, they retreat into the rock. How do I get rid of it? Thanks for your help -shareef
  15. S

Thowing out old water

Just wondering what others do. Where do you dump your dirty saltwater when you do water changes?
  16. S

First casualty

On August 4th, I purchased a Royal Gramma Basslet, we named Gurgle after the one on Finding Nemo. Last night (August 21) we found him dead. :( Water parameters are fine: Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 0, pH 8.2, salinity between 1.025 and 1.026, temp 80. When I purchased him, I told the...
  17. S

Problem with AERO FORCE Hang-On Protein Skimmer by CPR Aquatics

Help. I have had this skimmer for a couple months and it has been very efficient. But within the last day or two I noticed the feeder pump is not sucking in water as powerfully or efficiently as before. Before, when I would feed the fish from the other end of the tank, the fish food would start...
  18. S

Restart on my 30 long..

I'm a newbie myself, but when I read your post, it sounds like you are filling your tank with water and then adding the salt? If that's the case, then maybe the salt isn't thoroughly mixing/dissolving and maybe just settling to the bottom?