Search results

1. JJB103

Hanna vs. Red Sea

I received the new reagent. Problem solved. It now reads very close to both my Red Sea and Salifert test kits. Thank you to everybody for putting in their 2 cents. Also Hanna was awesome to work with. They never even hesitated to help me even though my checker was far out of warranty. Sent...
  2. JJB103

Hanna vs. Red Sea

I talked to Hanna yesterday and today and they think it's, most likely, faulty reagent. They are sending me a new bottle and I will try it again.
  3. JJB103

Hanna vs. Red Sea

Thank you for all that info. So my Salifert test kit came out at 8.0dkh. I have done the Hanna checker as detailed as possible and the results are always the same. I think this checker has some kind of issue. I will call Hanna and ask them.
  4. JJB103

Hanna vs. Red Sea

I just read your post in your thread and I am getting really scared about the Red Sea tests I've been using for years, but in grabbing a Salifert test today to see what is comes up with.
  5. JJB103

And it starts... 150g in-wall

I picked up this blasto yesterday. I've walked by this 10 times thinking it was just a mushroom then I saw one closed up and it is definitely an LPS. The guy at the shop said it was a blasto. I've never seen one like it so I needed to have it.
  6. JJB103

Hanna vs. Red Sea

But which one should I use as a guide? Hanna @ 5.6dkh or Red Sea @ 7.8dkh?
  7. JJB103

Hanna vs. Red Sea

Very good article. The only thing that baffles me is my Hanna is the opposite from the article. I am getting far lower readings of alkalinity than the titration (Red Sea Pro) method. I have a hard time believing my alk is really that low.
  8. JJB103

Thank you. We both agree on carbon. I believe carbon pulls things out we don't even know about. I will never go without it.
  9. JJB103

Hanna vs. Red Sea

I like the idea of the 3rd test kit. I'll go grab a Salifert. Yes I dose seachem reef fusion 1 and 2. I had a lot of issues around that time that probably had to do with biopellets as well. I still don't know exactly what happened. I took the advice of a seasons reefer in here to go back to...
  10. JJB103

Hanna vs. Red Sea

I have had the Red Sea pro test kits for almost 2 years now. I picked up a Alkalinity Hanna checker a little while ago and it is so far off from my Red Sea it scares me. Today tests were as follows Red Sea: 7.9dkh Hanna: 5.6dkh I have done everything from watch videos to read intrusions on both...
  11. JJB103

Thank you
  12. JJB103

Thank you very much. It's been a lot of work, but fun work.
  13. JJB103

I caught him. He was really easy to catch using seaweed. It's hard to let him go because he is an amazing looking fish. My son named him Spike, but I don't allow bullies in my tank. :).
  14. JJB103

Thank you so much. It is a green fungia. I like the idea of the mirror. I have a Fishtrap that I've used a few times but I never thought of the mirror for a tang.
  15. JJB103

Here is a little update. Some things have changed and I am trying to catch my Blonde Naso. He is really aggressive and has killed a mystery wrasse and a red head Solon wrasse. He is about to kill my blue jaw trigger so he needs to go. He is about 6" now so he needs a bigger home. I also added...
  16. JJB103

Trachyphyllia experts needed.

That used to be an issue I had, but for months now my tank has been more stable than ever. I thought it may be a fish, but I moved it to my frag tank that's plumbed to the main system and it hasn't improved at all.
  17. JJB103

Trachyphyllia experts needed.

I have two Trachyphyllia (open brain) corals that I purchased a few weeks ago. They have been doing perfectly until one day they are both shrunk up and tissue receding. I have always had this same problem with open brains. My cynaria is doing amazing. What causes Trachys to suddenly do so bad? I...
  18. JJB103

Thank you [emoji2]
  19. JJB103

It's crazy to look back through my thread and see all I've been through with this tank. It's been a fun ride. Frustrating at times, but fun. Here is the tank when a started 2 years ago And here it is today after all the trial and error.