Search results

1. Z

Foxface in QT

Hey so my foxface is done with his qt. he's going into my reef tank and I want to keep him well fed he doesn't like the green nori sheets. Does anyone have experience with these guys. What do they like that I can hang on tge glass do he doesn't eat corals.
  2. Z

Clown

My two clown fish have small nicks in some of their fins. Only other fish is a midas blenny. Any thoughts? They get along fine together.
  3. Z

Midas blenny and pods?

Do Midas belemnites eat pods? Also will chaeto survive in the pod hotel? (PVC with holes drilled in it)
  4. Z

cleaning filters, uv's and wave makers

How often do you guys scrub these things down? My filter and wave maker have some pretty nasty red sludge stuff on there. I'm gunna do a water change tomorrow and i was thinking of pullin that stuf out and hosing it w/ hot water.
  5. Z

Pod cultures

What are the best pod cultures to buy to get them going a little more in my tank. I have tons of tiny ones on my glass but wanna get some more going, I also run a UV so Idk if that has a negative impact.
  6. Z

stray voltage

Hey so for my wave maker, heater skimmer, uv steralizer and filter i'm just using a regular surge protector. is that enough to eliminate stray voltage? or is there a better surge protector out there that will eliminate that stuff? or will it even matter?
  7. Z

Coraffix gel

When you guys use this stuff do you dunk in a separate bucket of water before you put it in ur DT or just glue it and put it back in?
  8. Z

Clownfish w black mark

Looks like he got stuck with an urchins spine. My long spine diadema was up where they sleep and now it looks like he has a splinter. It's a little white around the area. Should it heal up?
  9. Z

Jumping Midas blenny

So my blenny jumped out of the tank by the skimmer and filter. I have a cover but he found the gap. What should I do to close it up. He's back in btw. I witness it and scooped him Back in.
  10. Z

Orange leptastrea

So I flicked some salt Creep back into my tank and it landed right on my leptastrea. Polyps have been closed for a full day. U think those will die?
  11. Z

another mistake

So as you guys know, some day i want a mandarin, but today i mentioned to the LFS guy that I had like colorful air pockets in my sand and he gave me a sand sifting star and by gave i mean sold. I didn't research the starfish until i got home and it seems as though this is not a good thing to...
  12. Z

Ati

I've got a corallife fixture with corallife bulbs right now and I'm gunna make the switch. Right now I've got two separate times on this fixture w the actinics coming on 1 hr b4 and going off 1 hr after. What ati colors should I get and which ones should go where the actinics are?
  13. Z

i hate shrimp

My shrimp constantly steal food from my duncans and torch, idk if this stresses them out but my torch doesn't look to happy and my duncan is prolly hungry. any tips or is this not a problem
  14. Z

next fish

Hey so i'm starting to research my next fish and wantd to see what you guys thought. I've got a midas blenny and two clowns at the moment. it's a reef tank my trates are 20 ppm everything else is 0. i've got lots of little pods running around and it's a 40 breeder. i'd like to stay away from shy...
  15. Z

Sexually mature clownfish

So I have two ocellaris clowns. The smaller is a snowflake and his orange seems to be darkening. Is this a sign of becoming mature? He always does the vibrating thing when the other goes near the bottom corner. Doesn't seem to do it anywhere else and I haven't seen the other one do it. Thoughts?
  16. Z

Midas Blenny

Anyone ever keep theese? I dripped one in Saturday night after qting him. I figured night would be the best since lights out for 12 hours. I woke up the next day to see him totally covered in white spots. Not it ich tho it's friggin sand. He's spitting it everywhere and making a huge mess. It...
  17. Z

Hospital tank

When you guys add a fish to ht do you drip them?
  18. Z

Magnavore nitrate lock

Anybody know if this affects your skimmer? It got me down to 25 ppm. Should I take it out? My skimmer isn't bubbling up w it in.
  19. Z

Little bugs

Little bug looking things crawling on my live rock. Gotta really stare to see em. Pods?
  20. Z

Bleaching brain coral Help!

Hey guys got my first stony coral last week, it was a brain coral and it's bleaching out on me i think. Not sure whats wrong with it, my mg is at 1200 alk is at 9 and calcium is at 400 as i just ran the red sea test. I also just added foundation abc to try and help with the mg, it should also be...