Foxface in QT

zack879

Hey so my foxface is done with his qt. he's going into my reef tank and I want to keep him well fed he doesn't like the green nori sheets. Does anyone have experience with these guys. What do they like that I can hang on tge glass do he doesn't eat corals.

zack879

Oh yeah so does mine but if I can put a sheet of something in the tank I'd like to so he can chose that over corals

jgsensor

Mine has only shown minimal interest in the nori sheets, he eats it a bit but not overly excited about them. He has never bothered any corals in the seven years I've had him. Now I use to have an orange spot foxface who loved corals.

I have two and they love Nori, river shrimp, frozen food, flaked food.

They also like Marine Grazer by New Era. This is a circular food which gets attached to the glass by means of a sucker.

VinceB

Second the marine grazer suggestion. Very easy to use. Also, do u have any fish in your DT that already eat nori? My foxface would not touch the stuff in QT, but once in the tank with my yellow tang that eats it he took to it quickly. It seems like the foxface is very interested in what the others are eating and joins in. A very hungry fish, but has not touched a coral yet and its been in there for a long time.

zack879

Well nvm. I guess now that he's in the DT he's liking nori. Put a big piece and hell nibble a bit the swim then come back to it. He's also picking on my clam a bit. Hopefully that will blow over.