Search results

1. C

Quick Question

I'm trying to convince my parents to get me a larger tank for my reef:). I saw this 29g tank designed with everything (nano cube) for the exact same price as the light fixture I was planning for my 10g, so I was wondering if the lighting on it would be strong enough for zoas and mushrooms...
  2. C

Sump Build Question?

As some of you know, I am currently in the process of building a 10 gallon reef tank as many of you know. I was planning on just having the 10 gallon reef, but I didn't want to have a lot of equipment cuttled around in the tank, so I was wondering if it would be possible to build a 2.5 gallon...
  3. C

Aquarium Arts Reviews

Thinking of getting live rock from them since they are ~4 hours away. Though I'm not driving 8 hours (prob 2 day trip), well actually, I'm not going to ask my parents to drive 8 hours cause I just sit in the back for low quality live rock. So I need tons of reviews, links to reviews all that on...
  4. C

Would this lighting work for 10g?

Aquarium Lighting for Reef Systems: Current Nova Extreme Pro T-5 Fixtures nice reviews. look effective. suggestions?
  5. C

one more question

here are my two lighting options for my 10g tank. i want to be able to grow pretty much all coral. they first one is around half the wattage but $200 compared to $310. Probably going to get mushroom, polyp type corals:)...
  6. C

Premium Aquatics Reviews?

Does anyone know reviews for premium aquatics. Thinking about using them for live rock & sand, saw some good things, but I wanted the actual word from you guys. What do you guys think of them?
  7. C

1 more question... for now

sorry for all the questions but they just keep popping up-:). live rock vs. dry rock. i was thinking about getting live rock from Prime Cured Live Rock&#153 from Aquarium Arts - the Living Reef Filter.... they have some really nice reviews. however their prices are extremely high vs...
  8. C

Recommendation for Reef Cleaners

Just suggesting, please make your site more friendly to nano tanks. I have a 10 gallon tank that I want to stock for, but I can barely meet the $25 limit if I'm lucky, and if I meet it I need to pay $30 shipping unless, I get over $50 of stuff that don't require single day shipping. Thanks.
  9. C

really quick question:)

emperor 280 or 400 on 10g reef. thank will be overstocked, would prefer 400 but think that kind of power will blow around the fish like no bodies business. fraid they will die:(. planning on zoas mushrooms and sps. some small shrimp may go there eventually and one clownfish:).
  10. C

Is this possibile?!

If I were to get 1 (clownfish) in a 10g tank, would it be fine with no anenome or would I need an anenome. If so, do you have any suggesstions for me? Thanks!
  11. C

Question.

So I was reading and learning about reefing something I think is smart for me since I'm starting a tank now and plan on adding clownfish to it in ~3-4 months. So, here were my plans once my fish arrives (shipping probably, though I may just get it from the pet store:)). Anyway. so, #1, what I...
  12. C

Is this legal?

i live in san jose, california, usa. is it legal for me to go to the pacific ocean and take some of the fish or animals from there, especially the tide pools at half moon bay (seen some nice things in there;))... wasn't planning on doing this, just wondering.
  13. C

Help me with my dangerous undertaking:)

Hey guys. I currently have a 55 gallon freshwater tank, that I started ~2 months ago and have finally stabilized it with fishies in it all happy:)... I now have a 10 gallon tank. I want to turn it into a reef tank. I know I should start with more room, but I am 13 and if I want a reef tank...