Search results

1. tekjunkie28

kessil a150w over 30 gallon?

WHat are your opionions of this light and what would I beable to grow? Im downsizing from a 75 to a 30.
  2. tekjunkie28

BRS refractometer

I got this refractometer about a month ago and liked it at the beginning. But now it seems like it won't keep a calibration. Any help or am I doing something wrong. Do I have to recalibrate every time I use it. It is an ATC so temp shouldn't effect it after 45 secs right? Also another thing I...
  3. tekjunkie28

Shaes 55 gallon progressive reef

I started this tank about 3 months ago. The tank itself started out as a cichlid tank and then, of course, I got the itch for something more. Much more, a full blow reef tank. I started shopping around on craigs list with the intention to buy a nano reef tank or something that was around 40...
  4. tekjunkie28

Salt switch

What's the best way to go about switching salts? Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  5. tekjunkie28

Aqua clear 110 for sediment and fuge use?

Can I use a 110 for a refugium for cheato and as a filter? I was thinking I could use the white foam pad and then place the cheato onto it it. I already have a HOB refugium that i have it in but idl how best to place the carbon and my GFO. What do u guys think or could u help me out in other...
  6. tekjunkie28

What are some good books...

That have modern equipment and knowledge. I know some books may just not cut it and I don't want to spend $$ on a books from 1975 with inaccurate or misleading information.
  7. tekjunkie28

Red feathery thing

I have these white tunnel looking root system on one rock. But now it seems that one of these roots has a red animal living in it. Right in middle of both pics and coming out of white shell/ tube thing. Exteemly small.
  8. tekjunkie28

DIY macroalgae cage in DT

I was thinking about building a egg crate cage for macro algae for the tank. Any thoughts or ideas?
  9. tekjunkie28

Reef octopus bh 2000 redesign???

I just received mine today and nothing even looks the same for the water outlet and sponges. Also. Should I set it to dry skim? If the cup OS too low it almost floods the floor. Also i don't see how the cup keeps itself from flooding of it gets too full. Is there something I am missing?
  10. tekjunkie28

55 gallon lighting

I have a standard 55 gallon tank. 48" 13" by 20"? I want to do a soft coral tank. Youn tell me the fixture that I should get and no high dollar expensive thing either. I just want separate switches and cords for the whites and actinics. Moon lighting is a plus but not needed as I can add...
  11. tekjunkie28

Shaving brush ya or na

What's your opinion? I'm thinking about getting a few since I don't have a fuge.
  12. tekjunkie28

Red algae or red bubble?

I have this red stuff making a covering on a few rocks. Also I have had these red bubble looking things also.
  13. tekjunkie28

HOB Skimmers

I'm wanting to know what ppls experiences are with reef octopus 100 300 1000 skimmers are. I'm leaning towards the 1000bh or whatever it's call $165 one. Not the super series. If anyone has any ideas or has any ideas about a sump location. Can only go to either side but still not enough...
  14. tekjunkie28

U guys pick the equipment!

55 gallon tank with 10 gallon sump ( probably only enough room to be refugium). I need a overflow and pump. Mine original choice is eshopps 300 overflow with mag drive 5 pump. I need to save $$ on this so anyone that can chime in would be wanted. And how Much turn over do u need. I want a...
  15. tekjunkie28

Coralife RO unit help

I have purchased a RO unit from a person on craigslist and Im sure its hooked up wrong. Reason I think so is bc the unit has a T connection on the blue tube and its coming from 2 different filters into my storage container. Its a 3 stage? Im guessing, it has a membrane and then 3...
  16. tekjunkie28

brown button palys and aiptasia removal

Is there a fish or way to kill both of these... I hate them both. I have about 40 stalks of aip. and 50 stalks of BBP.
  17. tekjunkie28

what are these?

Looks alive to me. Not sure what coral these are but they are UGLY.
  18. tekjunkie28

Tekjunkies 1st build... wait, what?

Well this is my 1st build. I currently have a 55 gallon tank with a Fluval 306 running on it. I have a few african cichlids but this isnt really what I want. (My wifes gonna take them and put then in their own tank.) I want a reef tank as some point and it maybe happening sooner then I had...