Search results

1. Roots

Shutting It All Down

I have for sale everything in my tanks. I'm getting out of the hobby. I have a thriving Reef Tank with many beautiful fish and corals. I live in The Inland Empire CA, Hemet CA to be precise. I am looking to sell locally on the livestock if possible, but if someone really wants something I have I...
  2. Roots

New Toy! Reef Octopus BH2000 HOB Protein Skimmer

Just arrived today. I'll install it tomorrow. It's for my main DT to replace the CPR BacPack Skimmer I already have. I'll be moving the CPR over to my 20 Gal. Long Clownfish Breeder tank. I'm stoked; I've read a lot of good reviews for this skimmer. Supposed to be the best HOB Skimmer on the...
  3. Roots

Milwaukee Digital Seawater Refractometer

I just got myself one of these and it is super nice. Couldn't make getting exact and precise salinity reading any easier than this. Retails for around $110.00 so it's more expensive than standard refractometers but Milwaukee makes a quality product so it should last me for years. Anyone else...
  4. Roots

Kessil A150 LED Pendant?

I just wanted you guys' opinions on the Kessil A150 LEDs My LFS uses them over their frag tank. They have the 15000k Ocean Blues. They look pretty nice and I know the LFS owner pretty well and he says he has been fairly impressed with them. The main reason I ask is because I bid on one on...
  5. Roots

Aqua Illumination LED Panels??

I'm wanting to upgrade my lighting on my reef tank. I have a 55 gallon standard tank. Currently I have a combination of cheapo Power Compact and T5 lighting fixtures hodge podged together. I'm not having any problems with coral growth. Everything including my SPS, Clam and Anemone seem to be...
  6. Roots

Nat Geo Alien Deep On Tomorrow

Sounds interesting. I would love to someday do a deepwater fish tank. 'Alien Deep With Bob Ballard': A Sneak Peek At The National Geographic Channel Special (PHOTOS, VIDEO)
  7. Roots

Sick Snowflake Clownfish! I Need Some Advice.

I recently got a pair of Snowflake Clowns and the female (The larger of the two) has now developed a lesion on her chin. It's red and open looking sore, and I noticed that the Male must have nipped her tail fin because she's got a bite taken out of it. She has seemed stressed. When I first...
  8. Roots

Bristle Worm Bristles Stuck to My Blue Hippo Tang?

I spend a lot of time looking at my tank and admiring the fish while relaxing. I've noticed a few times that my Blue Hippo Tang has had some of what look like little bristles stuck to her in a couple of spots. She will let the cleaner shrimp pick them out, or so it seems. They don't stay there...
  9. Roots

Snowflake Clownfish Breeding Project

I'm starting this thread to share my journey as I attempt to setup a breeding tank for a new pair of Sustainable Aquatics Snowflake Clownfish, Amphiprion ocellaris. I just received my "Bonded Pair of SA Snowflakes today. I ordered them from Live Aquaria "Diver's Den". I payed $167 for the pair...
  10. Roots

Designer Clownfish... Should I Buy a Pair?

I am eyeballing this pair of snowflakes. What do you guys think. I have a 20 Gal. Long that I was thinking could be their home as a possible breeding tank. They could have it all to themselves. Sure would be cool to have some Clownfish babies sometime in the future. :smoking:
  11. Roots

New Mandarin Dragonets

I have been wanting A Mandarin Dragonet since I first got into the hobby a year ago. I have tried to be responsible as an aquarist and not purchase any fish that I didn't feel I was ready to or equipped to care for. I opted to wait and not put one into my first Nano Reef tank since it was...
  12. Roots

Need Your Help Please, Identifying This Issue With My Gold Band Maroon Clown

So I recently reintroduced all of my fish back into my DT after they spent 7 weeks in my HT being treated for Ich. Everyone was looking healthy upon reintroduction to the DT, including my Tang which is the one that gave me so much trouble. They all seem happy, however, my Gold Band Maroon Clown...
  13. Roots

My Clam Attached Himself To The Tank Bottom, What To Do?

My clam has apparently attached himself to the glass under the sand bed in my tank. I was going to reposition him today while cleaning the tank and I have always kept him on the sand bed so he wouldn't attach to a rock, but apparently he burrowed through the sand and attached himself to the tank...
  14. Roots

Is This Hitchhiker Detrimental?

Saw this guy for the first time recently. Don't know what kind of Nudibranch? it is? Is it bad and if so what should I do to remedy this situation? These were the best pics I could get. It's pretty small.
  15. Roots

Need a little advice on my HT and disease treatment.

I'm having some trouble curing my fish, especially my Blue Tang of what I thought was Marine Ich but could possibly be Velvet? Or something else? I have been using Copper Power Medication and testing to make sure it's maintaining enough of a concentration to be effective according to the...
  16. Roots

Bristle Worms Eating Corals??

I have always known that there were bristle worms in my tank. I would see them now and then poking out of a rock and looking for bits of left over fish food. They never seemed to be much of a problem. Recently I removed all of the fish from my tank to treat them for Marine Ich. It's been about...
  17. Roots

Tiny White Bugs all over in the Tank

I have a 50 gal freshwater tank that I have had for about a year now with some Oscars and Blood Parrots in it. I am planning on rehoming the Oscars very soon, the only problem is that all of a sudden I have a bloom of some sort of tiny white bugs in the tank. It's not Ich, I've seen and treated...
  18. Roots

Questions Regarding Hospital/Quarantine Tank and Treating Ich

Let me start by saying that I know I should have had a Hospital/Quarantine tank from the beginning, but I was a lazy aquarist. My apologies. The situation is this. I have 4 Pajama Cardinals and a Gold band Maroon Clown that were happily living in my display tank for months disease/parasite...
  19. Roots

Question Regarding Heaters & Temp Control

Here is my situation. I have a 55 gal. reef tank that I have had for about 10 months. During that time it was tank only with no sump/refugium. I have a 200 watt Aqueon heater in the 55 gal. tank. It always seemed to do a good job of keeping the tank warm. Even during the winter months when night...
  20. Roots

My 55 Gal. Reef with 20 Gal Sump/Refugium Thread with Lots of Pics

I'm new here and still fairly new to the hobby of reef keeping, but I'm enjoying the hobby and RS a lot. I thought I would share my current tank and setup with you. I copied this from my introduction thread just for anyone who didn't see this info there: I took a bunch of pics. I hope...