My Clam Attached Himself To The Tank Bottom, What To Do?

Roots

My clam has apparently attached himself to the glass under the sand bed in my tank. I was going to reposition him today while cleaning the tank and I have always kept him on the sand bed so he wouldn't attach to a rock, but apparently he burrowed through the sand and attached himself to the tank bottom. It's fine for now. He's actually in a nice position for viewing enjoyment, however in the future I am planning on a tank upgrade and of course I want to move all my current tank inhabitants to the new tank. Will I be able to get him to release his grip from the glass? I certainly don't want to damage him, but obviously I don't want to have to keep a tank going just because my clam decided to attach himself to the glass. Anyone encountered this problem? If he was attached to a rock at least I could move the whole rock, but I can't move the bottom tank glass to the new tank. :confused: :smoking:

Tru2nr

I would worry about it when the time comes...they need to attach to something which is why most bury a flat rock in the sand for the clam to latch onto if they're not on the rock work

...my names Donnie and I like bishkits

Roots

I would worry about it when the time comes...they need to attach to something which is why most bury a flat rock in the sand for the clam to latch onto if they're not on the rock work

I wish I had thought to do that. Oh well, I gotcha on dealing with it when the time comes, but I like to be informed and have a game plan if possible.

Tru2nr

I believe its similar to an anemone get a plastic dull scrapper and slowly slide under the edges and most around the foot evenly and it sgould eventually release

Roots

I believe its similar to an anemone get a plastic dull scrapper and slowly slide under the edges and most around the foot evenly and it sgould eventually release

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. :smoking: