Search results

1. Luke7e

Lighting

Right now I have 2 Candy Cane Coral Frags, a Toadstool, a Haddoni Carpet Anemone, Green Star Polyp and would like to put some button polyps and brain coral in as well....the fixture is a 48" ORBIT 4X65W SUNPAQ W/LUNAR. would I be better off with some other type of fixture? I am somewhat...
  2. Luke7e

Lighting

Will a fixture with 4 65w bulbs be OK for a fish and coral tank of 75 Gallons (L)?
  3. Luke7e

Water Temp Problem

Just wanted to get some advise from everyone...With the warm weather now uppon us in Maine, I am having problems in my 12G Nano keeping the water temp down. Before last week, the temp fluctuated from 78 to 81 now it is steady around 83 and 85!!! I don't think this is particularly good for my...
  4. Luke7e

Salinity and Lighting Issues:24 gal Nanocube

Also, if you are trying to bring down your saliinity by adding fresh water, do it slowly as you could shock and kill your corals if you try to bring it down a couple of points all at once...Found that out the hard way
  5. Luke7e

Just Found A Missing CB Shrimp!!!

While examining my tank today, I noticed that while I only bought 1 CBS through saltwaterfish.com I had 2 in my tank? I had bought one over a year ago but thought it kicked the bucket...apparently not....now I have 2 and they will propbably kick the crap out of each other.....
  6. Luke7e

Just Recived my new Flame Angel via FED EX...

Just put them in and they are doing great....SWF does have coral, just not a great selection right now, their multi coral rock is supposed to be unreal... Here are some pics of the new arrivals...
  7. Luke7e

That would be one crowded Nano...no, these are for my 75G. I am a little worried as my Nitrates were at 30..but hopefully that should be ok for now..The flame Angel they sent me looks beautiful, once I release it into the tank, I will post some pictures...
  8. Luke7e

Just came in 10 minutes ago along with a 75 gallon reef cleaner package of scarlet, Blue Hermits, Turbos, Nar snails, 5 emerald crabs and a pep. shrimp...am acclimating them now but they looks like they were in great shape upo arrival from Saltwater Fish.Com. I'll let everyone know how they do...
  9. Luke7e

Anyone Know Of A Good Fish Store in the Maine/NewHampshire Area?

I am in Southern Maine about 15 minutes north of Portsmouth, NH. I think those 2 places might be a bit far for me to travel....I think I might be closer to Boston...
  10. Luke7e

Bicolor And Flame Angel

Bicolor Angelfish (A) $24.99 Free Shipping Centropyge bicolor From Saltwater Fish.com Alert - This fish cannot be kept with other Angelfish. If you're attempting to purchase two or more Angelfish for the same aquarium it will cause them to fight and most likely one will not...
  11. Luke7e

Anyone Know Of A Good Fish Store in the Maine/NewHampshire Area?

Anyone know of a good LFS in the Southern Maine/ New Hampshire of North Eastern Mass? I recently have used Atlantis in Portland, Maine (very expensive, think I am getting ripped) and Little Shop of Pets in Portsmouth, NH (Supplies are 3x the cost that I can get them on pet solutions.com and lots...
  12. Luke7e

How much is too much (circulation)

Hey everyone, just wanted to get some feedback.. I felft like there was not enough circulation in my 12Gallon Nano so I replaced the pump with a Maxi-Jet 1200 that has 295 GPH. I think that is about 3 times the circulation of the old pump. It seems liek my perculas now have to swim pretty hard...
  13. Luke7e

Toadstool Leather Coral

Are you sure....its been going on clsoe to 10 days now....Man, if you are right I feel much better...
  14. Luke7e

Toadstool Leather Coral

Yeah, my temp fluc from 76.8 to about 78.8... here are some of the pictures of the slime...
  15. Luke7e

Toadstool Leather Coral

Don't know if anyone can help, but here goes...I bought a med sized Toadstool Leather almost 3 weeks ago and it has not stopped oozing out the clear/brown ooze. I come home form work in the afternoon and it is strung out all over my live rock and still hanging from the Coral. I am constsntly...
  16. Luke7e

Can You Have Too Much Calcium In A Tank?

Something is definitely messed up...I just tested my emergency/water change trash can which is just water and Reef Crystal (Red Sea) and it tokk 30 drop from that well (the test kit only goes to 13 drops) I will have to find a fish place that tests in this area to get real results....
  17. Luke7e

PH seems pretty good....8.1 I am using Aquarium Pharm Calcium test drops... No Fallout..
  18. Luke7e

I tested the calcium in my 75G 3 times last week and each time it took about 30 drops to get to the test color. That was about 2X the amount it should have taken. Will this be detrimental to my tank or corals in any way?
  19. Right Side of 75 Gallon

Right Side of 75 Gallon

20. Middle of 75 Gallon

Middle of 75 Gallon