Search results

1. N

Skimmer purchase help

I'm looking to buy a protein skimmer for a 10 to 20 gallon. I've been looking at a few. What are some good ones.
  2. N

Killing apistasia help

Apistasia is popping up out of no where in my mantis tank. I am moving the tank in a bout a week and I wanted to make sure I kill it all before I set it back up. I have ap x but will it be safe with the mantis. What is the best way to destroy it all since fish and peppermints are out of the...
  3. N

Mantis and anemones.

My lfs has beautiful mini maxi carpet anemome for a cheap price I want to add one to my display reef. But then I got to thinking and could I add one to my mantis reef? Would the anemome eat the mantis? It's a ciliata spearer mantis. Roughly 3 Inches. This is a 6 gallon pico at the moment...
  4. N

Stocking limit question. Looking for advice

I have a 46 gal bow reef. I have tons of invertebrates except for shrimp. Currently I have A yellow assesor , a pink luthers goby ,a dusky jawfish, and a 6 line wrasse. ( the reason I don't have any shrimp ). I was wondering what other livestock I could add besides coral and invertebrates. I...
  5. N

Dusky jawfish question

So I have had a dusky jawfish for a few months now. Love watching him shoot out of his hole for food and shoot back in. I wanted to add another one. U think I could get away with 2 total in a 46 bow? I have two other gobies and a yellow assesor. ? Would that be too much of a bio load or would...
  6. N

I need a new ballast. Info needed

I have a coral life 4 bulb HO t5. I need to replace the one ballast. I figure I might as well replace the other one too. What ballast should I use? This is new to me, I am not an electrician. Please help with info.
  7. N

Nano skimmer needed

I'm looking to purchase a nano skimmer. Needs to be external since I don't have a sump. It's for a 6 gallon reef. I'm looking to stay on the cheap side if its possible. All input is welcomed.
  8. N

Sps bleaching help

I've seen Sps corals bleach before over a period of time. But can they bleach over night ? I lost a acro and a birds nest today when I woke up and they were fine at lights out the night before. Any help is welcomed. They are in my mantis fluval nano. I have a Cree led system. Maybe to much...
  9. N

Question for all you mantis lovers.

I currently have a ciliata spearer mantis in my nano reef and I was wondering if I could add a Croatia clam or a sea cucumber or maybe a starfish. Anybody have any experience mixing these together.? Will my mantis destroy them. I've had him since Christmas and he leaves all snails and hermits...
  10. N

Canary blenny

I've had my eye on a canary blenny at the lfs. Does anyone have any experience or tips about them. I've read they have venomous fangs. All info is welcomed
  11. N

Pico lighting help

I was looking for ideas for a new light on my pico tank. I was thinking led. It's the evolve 2 but I'm planning on upgrading it to a fluval 6 maybe or something similar. Any lighting ideas that will work for both? Trying to stay as cheap as possible. Would need to be strong enough for softy...
  12. N

Stocking a 2 gallon

I'm slowly setting up a 2 gallon tank. As of now I have a few peices of live rock a handful of cerths and bumblebee snails. A porcelin crab an emerald crab and a pom pom crab. I thought about getting a pistol and goby pair. Any ideas to anything else I could put in there. I have a cheap led...
  13. N

Killing apstasia

Does injecting them with lemon concentrate really work? Is there an easier way? Do I inject the stem or the mouth.
  14. N

Cleanup crew purchase help

I'm going to be ordering from reef cleaners later tonight. I hear great things about them and am going to get a bunch of everything pretty much. Any suggestions on what to order a lot of. It's for a 46 galling mix reef. All input is welcomed.
  15. N

Interested in macro alge

Any body have and macro alge for sale.? Not sure what kind I want yet so I'm open to anything. I already have cheato so I'm interested in something else. Thanks
  16. N

Sea horse help. I want to buy a pair

I am in the process of cycling a small nano tank to but a pair of seahorses in and to breed pods for my reef tank. Anybody have suggestions or any for sale?
  17. N

Shrimp comparability.

I have a coral banded shrimp and I was wanting to add a cleaner to my 46 gal reef set up. Will they fight? I use to have a peppermint but he battled the coral banded and lost. It was epic, peices of shell were everywhere and the CB had to molt cause he lost his 2 "pincher" claws. Should I...
  18. N

Small fish disappearing

I have had a few small fish disappear on me in the last couple months. I lost two small damsels a baby flasher wrasse and the most recent one of my black saddle back clowns. I think it's either my serpant star fish or my coral banded shrimp. Any ideas?
  19. N

New pair of clowns in qt

Earlier this week I bought a pair of miss bared ocerlarris clowns. I currently have them in 10 gallon qt. what should I be treating for and looking for as the past 6 weeks go by. Anything specific I should do?
  20. N

Show fish ideas

I have a 46 bow and am looking for 1 or 2 more fish. I wanna get something fun to watch. Any ideas. Must be reef safe.