Question for all you mantis lovers.

I currently have a ciliata spearer mantis in my nano reef and I was wondering if I could add a Croatia clam or a sea cucumber or maybe a starfish. Anybody have any experience mixing these together.? Will my mantis destroy them. I've had him since Christmas and he leaves all snails and hermits alone. I keep the tank stocked with small damsels so he is never short on food. All input or inhabitants recommendations are welcomed

So I'm assuming the clam is out of the question. I had one about a quarter size as a HH and I saw him destroying it last night. Maybe a small brittle star? Since he leaves my micro brittles alone

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
anything you put in there that has fleshy parts it can eat, it will try. The clam would make for a meal since most cant completely close, starfish may be too tough, but ........ The mantis may not be able to eat the clam, but he'll most certainly tear up the fleshy parts trying, or pester it so relentlessly that it starves.

Do u think a mini maxi or rock anemome would be ok with a mantis. I've seen one of my rock anemones in my other reef tank eat ghost shrimp before. I dont know if a decent size mantis could take a anemome sting any ideas ?

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Mantis should be ok, prob is anemones like very clean water, and mantis are dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using misspelled wrods!