Search results

1. R

What is this coral?

Unfortunately I'm breaking down my tank. I'm going to sell this coral. What is it called and how much should I ask for it?
  2. R

The search for a High Output, low noise pump continues.....

SOOOOO FRUSTRATED.... I originally (like an idiot) believed the advertising for the Iwaki MD100-RLT and purchased it to run my manifold on my 90 gallon aquarium. It was SOOOOO loud. And Bulk Reef Supply wouldnt let me return it. OUCH! $460 mistake. Now I purchased a $250 Mag 24. Not as...
  3. R

Larger sump pump or MP 40?

I have a 90 gallon display, 40 gallon sump. I have 2 BRS reactors and a JBJ chiller plumbed inline with the return line. I originally had ordered an Iwaki MD100RLT and when I hooked in up it was WAY to loud. I couldn't return it to BRS because I used it for 5 mins. So it's for sale on eBay now...
  4. R

Starfish ID, Cowfish ID, Scallop Question

What kind of starfish is this? (black body, yellow spots, orange "feet") What kind of Cowfish is this? Scallop question... Scallops are filter feeders. I've heard that "flame scallops" aren't really scallops at all people just refer to them as scallops because they resemble scallops. Flame...
  5. R

Iwaki MD100RLT

Brand new pump, I ran it on my tank for 5 minutes to check it. My tank is in my bedroom so I need to use a submersible pump for sound suppression. Unfortunately I cannot plumb this pump in my system and BRS will not allow me to return it because I hooked it up. BRAND NEW IN BOX. Purchased from...
  6. R

ID the Zoa pleassssseeee

Tried to buy this zoas when it was a single polyp all closed up. All I could see when I bought it was a bright orange skirt. The guy said I could have it for free. It's been exciting seeing it open and grow. It has a bright orange skirt a black face with light purple speckles and a yellow mouth...
  7. R

Another BRS Group Buy

We need 10 members to place the order and get the discount. Who's in!? I'm in!
  8. R

Ross' Reef

So im preparing to move my 90 gallon mixed reef aquarium. I took this opportunity to build a new tank stand that will better fit my needs. Currently my stand has a 20 gal long tank that is separated into three chambers to make up the sump. The overflow drops the water into the left side of the...
  9. R

Tooooo salty. Will it be ok until tomorrow?

My tank was at 1.026. I have a 110g system. I did a 35gal water change. My tank is now at 1.030. It must have been pretty damn salty to raise the salinity that much through a 33% water change. I have fish, inverts, corals, anemones. I got the water from a reputable store, however I was the last...
  10. R

Orange/black bristle worm. Bad?

Less than 1"
  11. R

Need 2 IDs. Fire/bristle worm? Sea squirt?

Taken during lights on period after feeding.
  12. R

Results are in on the Deep Sand Bed

Sooo, my fish, inverts, corals, and anemones live a happy life in the display tank. Meanwhile, below the tank, the deep sand bed in my refugium has been plotting to take them all down since day one. I have a 90 gallon display, and a 20 gallon sump with a 10 gallon refugium. The refugium holds...
  13. R

Which Fixture? 8x 54W T5s, or 2x 150W MH/ 2x 96W PC?

Should I have a Nova Extreme 8 bulb 54W T5 48" fixture or an Current Outer Orbit 2x 150 MH/ 2x 96W PC 48" fixture? Tank is 24" deep, Mixed reef setup
  14. R

Tell me about some low light corals!

I have some over hanging rock structres and some caves in my aquarium. Id like to use these lower portions of my tank. I would like to have some neat corals in these areas. Any thoughts!?:overhere:
  15. R

Which supply websites are in florida?

Does anybody know what supply websites ship from florida?
  16. R

False Readings, Cyano, Green Algea, and im out of ideas.

I had a few inhabitants disappear over the past month or more. I lost a blood fire shrimp, a scarlet skunk shrimp, a small yellow tang, and finally a small pink skunk clown. I removed a serpent star and a emerald crab thinking they may have been the culprit of the missing animals. Who knows they...
  17. R

Replacing MH bulbs for the first time.

Im looking on hellolights.com at the 150W double ended bulbs. Id like my corals to pop but dont really want my living room to glow blue. I hear 14K bulbs are a good bet. Does the brand really matter? Right now im leaning towards the "14,000K Phoenix HQI Double Ended 150W" based purely on price...
  18. R

what kind of fish is this

what is it?
  19. R

What does it mean when an anemone flattens out like this

My two nems do this every so often. They start the day out normal when the lights first come on. Then as the day goes on they flatten out like in the picture below so that their mouths are exposed. The mouths have never opened, however. They are always tightly closed. They just kinda flatten out...
  20. R

How much for a year old MP40w

How much should I expect to pay for a fully functioning Vortech MP40w in good condition. They guy is asking for $350 criagslist. Im sure the price is negotiable to some extent. What price should I try to buy it for? What does the "w" stand for? Wireless? what does that do for me?