Search results

1. R

What is this coral?

Unfortunately I'm breaking down my tank. I'm going to sell this coral. What is it called and how much should I ask for it?
  2. R

Need help with return pump

If you are interested I am trying to get rid of a Iwaki MD100-RLT(Japanese Pump) Their reputation for long lasting reliable pumps drew me to them. I purchased the Japanese model because it was built from sturdier materials. It does not come with a power cord adapter, but I have already...
  3. R

Larger sump pump or MP 40?

Yes currently a mag 5. I'm working on finding a quiet solution that can pump more water
  4. R

The search for a High Output, low noise pump continues.....

I put it in the water and hold it off the bottom so there is no resonance . It is not plumbed in, however. I wrapped my hands around the outlet to simulate some back pressure, but the noise persists. It may be a faulty pump, but is this the second faulty pump? I'm not sure
  5. R

interesting.... I wish decible meters were around and abundant so we could compare. I just really feel like it shouldn't be so loud. I have run my 90 gallon tank for a year now with the mag 5, so im used to no noise. I really just need the pump to supple this silly manifold i made with enough...
  6. R

lol, the problem is not on the listener's side. Do you have a mag 24? I set it in the sump and plugged it in. It sounded like it was cavitating or something. I put my hand over the outflow and it quieted down a bit, but it didnt stop cavitating until i completely stopped the water flow. I have a...
  7. R

I am not even using the chiller currently, But i do have plumbing already set up just incase it needs to be hooked up if the submerged pumps causes excess heat in the water
  8. R

so I just pulled out the tape measure... 5 ft of head... exactly. I have a herbie overflow, with 1" main return line. It creates a full syphon, so it drains a lot of water (not sure exactly how much, but i had the Iwaki MD100RLT hooked up and it was able to handle that amount of water with...
  9. R

any padding under it? is it connected using tubing or piping?
  10. R

On a scale from 1-10 (1=Is that pump even on, 10=Lawn mower) how loud is that 9.5?
  11. R

what size is your tank?
  12. R

is 15 feet really that much? it seems pretty normal to me... Leaves sump(6ft to chiller) + (6ft back to sump) + (6ft up to tank)
  13. R

Im thinking of maybe having two returns... One that feeds the manifold, and the other that feeds the display tank directly? two smaller QUIETER ones!
  14. R

no the pump is loud before i een hook it up. i set it in the sump and turned it on. 20 ft is probably an exaggeration, and there are no right angles do it shouldn't be too much resistance for the water to flow through the pipe. I originally was going to plumb everything separate, but after...
  15. R

I need a little more flow because I have the pump running a manifold that has two reactors, a chiller, and return to the refugium on it. I agree I was going big, but the calculations seemed right. The noise is horrible though. Blade- The mag 24 was really loud. it sounded like there was...
  16. R

Robs 90 gallon mess

Im going nuts! What size is your pump? and is it quiet enough to have in a bedroom? right now all I can hear on my tank is the fans on the light fixture. I have a 90 gallon tank just like yours with the offset overflow
  17. R

i dont know about eheim, what is the smallest pump i can get away with. Obviously Bigger Pump=Louder Noise
  18. R

SOOOOO FRUSTRATED.... I originally (like an idiot) believed the advertising for the Iwaki MD100-RLT and purchased it to run my manifold on my 90 gallon aquarium. It was SOOOOO loud. And Bulk Reef Supply wouldnt let me return it. OUCH! $460 mistake. Now I purchased a $250 Mag 24. Not as...