Search results

1. seanalfred1987

new mantis shrimp setup...any tips?

I just got a peacock mantis shrimp...never tried this before. Any tips someone could offer who has one?
  2. seanalfred1987

congrats on mobile version........problems!!!!!!!!

First off, I want to say a major thankyou for making a mobile version of Ur site. Since I do not own a computer, 99% of my time on if site is mobile. I love this forum, and really do not want to switch. The people and moderators are so helpful. The problem I am having, is that whenever I...
  3. seanalfred1987

switching from 55 to 75

So I've been waiting to upgrade to a bigger tank for a while. I found someone selling a 75 for dirt cheap. So i decided I could finally upgrade. Really excited about this, especially because I have read that 75 gal tanks are a lot more structurally sound. I may be wrong, but I think moving to a...
  4. seanalfred1987

good silicone for tank

I just got a new tank i need to reseal. I can't remember if I used solicone II or not. I know I got it from home depot and the tank has been running fine for the past 8 months. I'm pretty sure it mostly doesn't matter as long as you let it air out long enough. Any help?
  5. seanalfred1987

friendly suncoral?

I was just wondering if anyone on here has a sun coral that seems to respond to their owners. If mine is not out, all I gotta do is stick my arm in my tank and within a few minutes, all of the heads are out. And that is saying a lot. There are at least two dozen heads. And I've also noticed that...
  6. seanalfred1987

i want to scuba dive! help

Hi, I live in nepa and am really interested in scuba diving. I will be going to Florida at the end of october. Is there a good place to learn there, or should I just get certified here in pa? I was also wondering how much roughly it would cost. Any help I would greatly appreciate. My goal is to...
  7. seanalfred1987

55 gal tank disastor...ideas?

Hi, the centre bracefor my 55 gal broke. And yes the tank is filled. So I got a 1/4 in piece of glass I cut to become the centre brace. The tank was bowing pretty bad without the brace, BTW. I have emptied out almost half the water, siliconed the glass in place and have it all held together with...
  8. seanalfred1987

illness or bacterial infection?...idk. help

So about a week ago, I noticed a few white spots on my vlamingi tang's front fins...the ones by the gills. I instantly put him in a qt and gave him a dose of pimafix...thinking it was some sort of bacteria or fungus. He was eating fine in the qt until about two days ago. He just stopped eating...
  9. seanalfred1987

will an idodine dip kill monti nudis?

I'm having a problem with nudibranches eating my monti. I know iodine dips are good for getting rid of a lot of stuff on coral. Just wondering if anyone knows if it will kill the nudibranches that prey on Montipora. This is the only monti I have, so I'm not too worried about it spreading, but I...
  10. seanalfred1987

6 line wrasse and mandarine dragonette

Does anybody have these two fish housed together? Succesfully? It looks like my wrasse is swatting the newly added mandarine with his tail. Will the wrasse stop eventually or should I just move him cuz they will never get along
  11. seanalfred1987

new mandarin posing with sun coral

New mandarin I just added. Any tips or hints on care would be greatly appreciated. Let me know what you think of the pic too
  12. seanalfred1987

really weird anemone question

So I have noticed bugs in my refugium...like lady bugs and small house spiders mostly. Well I just caught my hatian pink tipped anemone eating a cricket...like the kind you would buy at a pet store. Should I be worried? Ps...so no one hates me, the anemone is in my refugium because he was...
  13. seanalfred1987

pink tip anemone stinging my montipora?

My pink tip decided to love right next to my Montipora digitata last night, and now my Montipora has almost all of its polyps retracted. Is the anemone stinging my coral? Or is the coral just upset that its being disturbed?. I've had so much trouble with this Montipora and its finally been doing...
  14. seanalfred1987

keeping aptasia in refugium a bad idea?

I was just wondering what some peoples thoughts were on keeping aptasia and majanos in a refugium. I have some in mine and was wondering if I shoukd go through the bother of getting rid of em. Also, I heard super glue gel can kill them. I have tons of it. so I was wondering what your thoughts or...
  15. seanalfred1987

sun coral questions

So I got a wonderful looking sun coral from a lfs. It took nearly a week for it to fully open up, but now its opened up beautifully and remains so throught the day/night. I took a few pix of questions I had. First, there seems to be a small hole in the skeletal structure. Not very big, maybe one...
  16. seanalfred1987

OT How far would you go?

I was wondering how far poeple drive to get to their "lfs". I personally spend at least a half hour to get to the fish stir I like...if traffic is good. There are plenty others around, but not nearly as good as the one further away
  17. seanalfred1987

flat worm? good, bad, or completly undesireable

I was wondering if flatworms are good or not. I noticed them in my tank and I don't know what to do about them
  18. seanalfred1987

finally finished my 55 gal setup

It was a while in the making. I just finished getting everything in order and transferred over. Hope all goes well. Pics of the tank will be up tomorrow when everything opens up (hopefully)
  19. seanalfred1987

which corals need to drip acclimate

I am moving my candy cane coral, some Kenya trees, zoanthids, pocillopora damicornis, and a bother I havnt figured out yet what it is. I am wondering wich ones need only to Acclimate to temperature and wich ones need to drip Acclimate. And is there a rule of thumb for the future I could go by...
  20. seanalfred1987

id help...is this a sponge?

This just popped up one day and I have no idea wat it is. I'm talking about that white stuff