6 line wrasse and mandarine dragonette

Does anybody have these two fish housed together? Succesfully? It looks like my wrasse is swatting the newly added mandarine with his tail. Will the wrasse stop eventually or should I just move him cuz they will never get along

ReefApprentice

I ened up getting a mandrain instead of a sixline.But I have read the sixline will out compeate the mandrain because both eat pods.I have also read the wrasse will bully the mandrain.Some wrasses will bully to the point of no return.:away:

I heard the wrasse is a bully. But he hasn't bothered anyone until I put the mandarine in today. I have tons of pods. No way the two of them could eat them all. I just hope the wrasse realizes that the mandarine is going nowhere and leaves him alone. If not, the wrasse is goin back to his nano-tank

DaveK

As long as there is enough space in the tank, you should be ok as far as them getting along goes. However, any wrasse will devastate the pod population in a reef, and possibly starving your mandarin.

lbiminiblue

Does anybody have these two fish housed together? Succesfully? It looks like my wrasse is swatting the newly added mandarine with his tail. Will the wrasse stop eventually or should I just move him cuz they will never get along
Have you had this tank for a while? Or is it seeded with LR from another tank or is the dragonette trained to eat prepared foods? cause otherwise you tank seems way too young to keep a mandarin that only eats pods.

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
Problem one: wrasses was added first. Therefore the mandarin is an intruder in his territory. Aggression follows. Maybe for a while. Possibly stressing the mandarin to death.
Problem two: they compete for the same food.
Problem three: mandarins, even trained on other foods, still need to be able to eat live pods. Wrasses could easily out compete.
Problem four: pod populations don't rebound that quickly. May need to dump in bags of pods to supplement.
Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

....Salt Creep Is Everywhere!....