good silicone for tank

I just got a new tank i need to reseal. I can't remember if I used solicone II or not. I know I got it from home depot and the tank has been running fine for the past 8 months. I'm pretty sure it mostly doesn't matter as long as you let it air out long enough. Any help?

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Id order the aquarium safe just to b sure. I understand that as long as it doesn't contain moldecides ur good but why risk it.

..........tequilla is not my friend anymore

Willie McDaries

GE II silicon has the mold inhibitor in it and is not safe....the GE I silicon is what I used but it isn't recommended either...you'd be better off using the recommended stuff,especially in an all glass aquarium,the GE I does not have the adhesive strength as the proper stuff...I'm looking for the link to the good stuff :D

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
There's something to b said about black.

..........tequilla is not my friend anymore

Willie McDaries

they tell me once you've had black,you'll never go back....I love the look of tanks with black silicon but in my tank,the silicon can't be seen so clear it was LOL

Tru2nr

My deep blue is black silicone and theres just something i like about it...btw you can go to pet supplies plus and buy either aqueon or all glass aquarium silicone stuff stinks but works great

...60% of the time it works every time