Search results

1. S

Scott's RSM130

Well it's been a while. The last of the 1"+ algea has finally been polished off the rear wall and the live rock and substrate is free of it. Currently just a light layer of 1/4" long stuff on the back wall now. Have since added a bubbletip anemone, lawnmower blenny, dotty back, brain and...
  2. S

ausreefs 130

hi aus, finally in town, will pm ya and try and sort a visit. Cheers
  3. S

Scott's RSM130

Well did my first real mod today. Replaced my faulty 2 LED moonlight with a 4 LED version from the 130D. For drilling the reflector I found a wood drill bit (brad point drill) the best as it scribes a circle as it cuts, rather than trying to drill the entire hole itself. The piece from the...
  4. S

Microbubbles in your RSM? Check here!

yep, sure enough, turned on skimmer today and no bubbles in the tank :-)
  5. S

Microbubbles in your RSM? Check here!

i seem to get them when adding new water. I added a chiller yesterday , topped up and got MB. Will turn skimmer back on this arvo and see what happens. They seem to stop if skimmer is left off for a bit.
  6. S

Scott's RSM130

Added 2 Ocellaris and a turbo snail today. Can't believe the snail was almost the same price as a clown. Grabbed some larger shells for my 2 hermit crabs also. After a quick inspection they showed their approval by taking up residence in them almost straight away. The LFS had a 130D running...
  7. S

Scott's RSM130

Did 18L yesterday and No3 is reading maybe 10ppm but def not higher than 20.
  8. S

Scott's RSM130

thanks, but couple of clowns ok to start with ?
  9. S

Scott's RSM130

Went and bought an API NO2 test kit and it's reading 0. I was put off at first as the test result card goes straight from 0.25 to 0.0 so there isn't much accuracy compared to the extra graduations on the Red Sea test. Anyways, I think I'm satisfied. Time for a couple of clowns (it's what the...
  10. S

RSM 130D CUC ideas

Thinking I might get my 2 hermits some bigger shells so they leave my snails alone. My sea hare I scored with the LR seems to do a good job, of eating AND pooping.
  11. S

Suggestions for chiller flow rate please.

I have a 1/10HP chiller ready for our upcoming summer, if it will ever come, and I recently purchased the hood accessory kit (aka chiller adapter for back of the hood). I had a Fluval 304 canister ready for the pumping job however the adapter instructions had a cool idea of placing a chiller...
  12. S

Scott's RSM130

Another week and a bit in and a total of 4.5 weeks cycling so far since LR was added. Added 2 hermit crabs and 3 snails on the weekend (not the ideal CUC probably but all the shop had left) Tested water again today and NO2 still sitting around 0.1ppm, really hard to tell as the test result is...
  13. S

Scott's RSM130

Couple of short vids. First the sea hare thing, second just a quick once over of the tank. LR went in 3 weeks ago today. http://youtu.be/KTWJTrHxE1A http://youtu.be/2oio8B6PjX8
  14. S

Scott's RSM130

Hopefully coming to the end of cycling soon. Ammonia is at 0 and Nitrites are looking to be under 0.2 but not quite into the blue or green test colour yet. Today I've relocated skimmer pump power lead to a timer in the cabinet. I cut a tiny notch in the rear lid so it can be opened fully...
  15. S

Scott's RSM130

and boy, how dumb are starfishes :-)
  16. S

Scott's RSM130

it has certainly come with more than I was expecting.
  17. S

Slug and crab/s ID please

Found these and have me wondering. Slug has been chowing down on rock algae. Seems to be leaving a lot of grit behind. The photo of the crab was an empty exo and I'm not sure if it's the same guy in the video. Should any of these be relocated out of the tank ? Thanks...
  18. S

Hi aus Mate, do you know what type of slug this is ? Just wanna make sure it's not a bad one...

Hi aus Mate, do you know what type of slug this is ? Just wanna make sure it's not a bad one. Cheers http://i.imgur.com/bwoiM.jpg
  19. S

Scott's RSM130

Ok, found more critters. The crab turned out to be an empty shell. Found some slug thing grazing on the back wall. Turns out he's hoeing through the rock algae too. Hopefully not a baddie.
  20. S

RSM130D Pump Problem.

Nice idea nano