Scott's RSM130

scottb721

Went and bought an API NO2 test kit and it's reading 0. I was put off at first as the test result card goes straight from 0.25 to 0.0 so there isn't much accuracy compared to the extra graduations on the Red Sea test.
Anyways, I think I'm satisfied. Time for a couple of clowns (it's what the family wants to start with) and I guess an anemone.

Last edited:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I love clowns ! be sure to start your water changes !

I would hold of on the nem, if the tank is less than 6 months old, their survival rate is poor. Add some corals & work on them :dance:

:read: up in the nem forum here on RS & you will see why I said the above...

tnwillia

Sure, I started with clowns. Today with tank bred there is no garantee they will host a nem anyway. Some do and some don't. If you add one later you'll know then. I think Karoen's Nem thread talks about clowns hosting and which types are more likely to host which nem or I've seen that somewhere. The slower you go adding fish the better things work out, the tank/bio-load has to mature with each addition! Good luck!

Clownfish for Sale: Clownfish Species for the Home Aquarium

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
1055.gif

scottb721

Added 2 Ocellaris and a turbo snail today. Can't believe the snail was almost the same price as a clown.
Grabbed some larger shells for my 2 hermit crabs also. After a quick inspection they showed their approval by taking up residence in them almost straight away.

The LFS had a 130D running :) with a chiller powered by a Fluval 104 canister (these were up at tank level so 104 was enough).
After seeing it I've decide to go back to my 304 canister as a chiller pump. It should have enough power.
They commented that it will give me extra room to place additives of some description if required.
I've decide to use some of the space and run a basket of noodles.

1xR2C.jpg

scottb721

Well did my first real mod today. Replaced my faulty 2 LED moonlight with a 4 LED version from the 130D.
For drilling the reflector I found a wood drill bit (brad point drill) the best as it scribes a circle as it cuts, rather than trying to drill the entire hole itself.
The piece from the hole fell out long before any pressure was needed.

Also have chiller plumbed and running. I've set it to 26degC and the heater to 24degC. Hopefully will stop them fighting each other.

scottb721

Well it's been a while.
The last of the 1"+ algea has finally been polished off the rear wall and the live rock and substrate is free of it.
Currently just a light layer of 1/4" long stuff on the back wall now.

Have since added a bubbletip anemone, lawnmower blenny, dotty back, brain and torch corals.

Took a bunch of pics recently which I was very pleased with considering I was using my Nokia phone. Nokia N8 Aquaria - Imgur