Search results

1. mikedee17

HELP! Thoughts on my rock layout?

Ok Fellow Red Sea Max 250 people just setting back up my tank after moving into my new house so decided to do a FOWLR this time but I am horrible at setting up any type of rock layout since I won't be hiding it with corals lol I took a few pics let me know your thoughts all are appreciated
  2. mikedee17

FOWLR

Hey fellow RSM 250 owners, I have a question just finished moving and setting up my tank again but was thinking about just doing a FOWLR. Anyone using their RSM 250 as a fowlr now or have in the past any suggestions or regrets? Mike
  3. mikedee17

LRSM-250 for the Red Sea aquarium RSM-250

Hello fellow RSM-250 owners I am looking at the LRSM-250 from LifeReef, I was wondering has anyone ordered this system without the skimmer and just used the Redsea Max existing skimmer? I was thinking about this earlier this year and thought I saw that as an option but no longer can find that...
  4. mikedee17

Artificial Reef and Coral System

Hi fellow RSM tank mates, lately I've been watching a show called "Tanked" about 2 guys in Vegas who install saltwater tanks throughout the U.S. They don't use LR or real corals but they use artificial reefs. So my question is, "Is there anyone out there who uses an artificial reef and coral...
  5. mikedee17

Pods Motel

Hello all does anyone know if the two guys that use to make the glass pod motels tell around and doing business still I was looking at getting one made to stick in my tank. Thanks for the help Mike
  6. mikedee17

GHL Profilux

Ok fellow RSM 250 owners I think I am ready to upgrade to the GHL Profilux, I currently use a reef keeper lite with 2 PC4's, a hub and a SL1 with the temp and PH probes. I have connected to all this my chiller, 2 mp10's a Tunze ATO, heater. I already have the GHL stand alone doser. So I was...
  7. mikedee17

RKL Controller Question

I have a question regarding the placement of the PH and iTemp probes on my RSM250, I currently have them in the same area where the skimmer and heater are located.Should i place them instead in the No#1 chamber instead for more accurate readings? Any help would be great thanks.
  8. mikedee17

Mikedee17 RSM 250 Adventure

Ok first thread about the new tank, finally took some time to get it going this is what I have so far started RSM 250 AquaEuro USA 1/10 Chiller w/ AquaEuro EU-160 internal pump 80lbs of CaribSea Indo Pacific Black Sand 2-3 inch bed 20 lbs of Fiji rock 20 lbs of Totoka rock 20 Misc rock...
  9. mikedee17

Light and fan Problem

I have a brand new Red Sea Max 250 put it together this weekend and I am missing a few things the larger pump for the left side of the tank, and the hood lights and fans don't work I called Red Sea yesterday and have not heard from them as of yet any ideas as how to get this light problem fixed...
  10. mikedee17

New To The Site

Hello everyone, great site so far I just moved into my new house and was surprised to find two huge boxes in the garage packed on a top shelf it was a brand new in the box RSM 250 purchased earlier this year by the guy who owned the house after several calls back and forth it is now mine as he...